Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
beckyg

breaking out from an aspirin mask??

is that even possible? about six months ago, i started getting mild acne for the first time. so i began researching and came across the aspirin/honey mask. while i was abusing my face during this time period (proactive. ugh), but i can't help by think that using an aspirin mask broke me out...? before when i was just using proactive, i had mild acne. when i did the aspirin mask, it became moderate/severe. i only did it ever 2-3 days. 3 days usually. and i've only read of one person breaking out from it. ever.

background - i just used the cheap, uncoated aspirin. my skin is a bit dry but looks a tiny bit oily. i now have moderate acne controlled by dan's regimen.

could an aspirin mask break me out badly? could it have been an IB from the mask?

could it be the honey i used for hydration that broke me out worse?

i wanna try the aspirin mask again. should i?

Could the aspirin have reacted with the BP? I looked it up and says it dries out the skin, much like BP does, and to moisturize afterward. Unless you possibly used the green tea moisturizer with proactiv i'm guessing your skin was possibly to dried out? I'm not sure , I was thinking the honey but doesn't it have mild effects I don't know if it would be that drastic but honey is a humectant and i'm guessing *if it was the honey* since there was no moisture to draw in the effects were tripled in dryness.

I don't know, I really don't LOL I"m guessing I personally just used the sulfur mask they had and kept it on longer if I felt I was really bad. If I had to guess they just didn't work well together, the BP and aspirin I mean. I read up on a another woman using them together with fine results but you are using a whole system with it not just a small bit. I would honestly just use the sulfur mask and if you get off proactiv use the aspirin.

I hope you clear up soon!!

I'm definitely not on proactive anymore. It's a good thought that the two together could have caused a breakout... I hadn't thought of that.

If I'm on Dan's regimen now and using the full amount of BP (been on it since January) do you think that amount of BP will break me out if I try aspirin?

Hmm what I would do is, put it on a small spot you broke out before on from it. Like say you broke out on your chin after it, I would put a small amount there and see how my skin reacted the next day. *wait a few days even* That way if it does, you know either you probably just can't use it due to 1. being allergic to it being applied topically *oddly doubtful unless you are also allergic to salicylic acid or aha's* or 2. With BP they probably aren't very compatible with your skin's genetic makeup or acidity. Just a possibility. ;)

Edit: proactiv has so many ingredients in it its seriously hard to tell what can cause a reaction with what.

*nods* That all sounds like a good idea to me. Kinda common sense really, stuff I should have thought of. xD I feel kinda dumb. But it helps to get an unbaised opinion and a fresh perspective on things. (: Thank you so much for all of your great advice/ideas.

Sok. Sometimes we get so caught up in the problem its hard to see a solution. I'm a skin panic'er so I always have *unfortunately* to many solutions going through my head at once I want to try LOL.

I wish you luck!!