Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pippin

Help, please! Prom tips! D:

Hello all! :D I have a couple questions that I'm hoping to get advice on here. Basically, I'm a total newb when it comes to makeup. I can do my eyes, yeah, but as for foundation...I've never gotten the hang of it, so I just don't use it. I've TRIED, but I just failed too much and gave up. xD Anyway! Onto the questions...

First, I'm planning on getting my makeup done at MAC. Well..I *was* planning on getting it done there, but apparently they're out of slots for an appointment. The lady told me that I could just get there early that day and do a "walk-in", and that everything'd be ok. I'm not so sure about that..I'd hate to get there, then not be able to get my makeup done.

So, should I still go and try to get squeezed in at the last minute? Or should I go somewhere else? There's no way I could do it by myself..no foundation = no coverage at prom. Which would suck hardcore..What's another good place like MAC to get makeup done? Or is MAC worth it to get there super early and try my luck?

Sorry if this is kinda stupid. >.< I'm just getting really stressed out here, with prom looming just around the corner, and I have no appointment made as of yet..If someone could give me some advice, I would really appreciate it!

Hello all! :D I have a couple questions that I'm hoping to get advice on here. Basically, I'm a total newb when it comes to makeup. I can do my eyes, yeah, but as for foundation...I've never gotten the hang of it, so I just don't use it. I've TRIED, but I just failed too much and gave up. xD Anyway! Onto the questions...

First, I'm planning on getting my makeup done at MAC. Well..I *was* planning on getting it done there, but apparently they're out of slots for an appointment. The lady told me that I could just get there early that day and do a "walk-in", and that everything'd be ok. I'm not so sure about that..I'd hate to get there, then not be able to get my makeup done.

So, should I still go and try to get squeezed in at the last minute? Or should I go somewhere else? There's no way I could do it by myself..no foundation = no coverage at prom. Which would suck hardcore..What's another good place like MAC to get makeup done? Or is MAC worth it to get there super early and try my luck?

Sorry if this is kinda stupid. >.< I'm just getting really stressed out here, with prom looming just around the corner, and I have no appointment made as of yet..If someone could give me some advice, I would really appreciate it!

you should go to the bay lol if you live in canada they have a TON of makeup sellers and just ask them for a makeover or something i went to DIOR once and it looked amazing =D but if you dont live in canada just go to MAC =D

prom is really stressful i agree. lol.

i think you could try bringing in a picture with makeup that you like .. and ask for a couple free makeovers before prom at the mall .. so you'll know for sure if you like the outcome.

you could also ask a friend to do your makeup if none of the makeovers turn out the way you want it.

you should go to the bay lol if you live in canada they have a TON of makeup sellers and just ask them for a makeover or something i went to DIOR once and it looked amazing =D but if you dont live in canada just go to MAC =D

I live in the US, lol. xD CA, to be exact! Anyway, I've never heard of the Bay. I don't know if they have that here, but I don't think so. Which is a shame 'cause it sounds really cool. As for Dior, I'm sure we have that here, and I believe they have it at my mall. How much did it cost you to get a makeover there? I know for MAC it'll be about $40-50, so I'm really trying to stay in that price range. Thanks, by the way!

i think you could try bringing in a picture with makeup that you like .. and ask for a couple free makeovers before prom at the mall .. so you'll know for sure if you like the outcome.

you could also ask a friend to do your makeup if none of the makeovers turn out the way you want it.

Thanks for the reply! And yeah..it's so stressful. Last thing I have to worry about is makeup. Otherwise, I'm good. Got my dress and my friend is going to do my hair. :D Oh, and they don't give you free makeovers. You always have to buy something, which is really lame. So I really can't do that unless it's for the real thing. :/

I've been looking around for pictures, and I haven't found anything that's really..outstanding, you know? (If anyone wants to post some ideas, feel free! XD) I'm not sure even what would look good..my eyes are green, and my dress is green, if the eyeshadow is green, would it be too much, or what? Gah. So confusing.

I don't really trust any of my friends to do my makeup for prom, rofl..>.>

green eyeshadow with a green dress would be a little too much green, lol.

i'd suggest a black or brown smokey eye. you're young, keep it pretty and natural :yes:

many moons ago when i went to school dances, i would go to the local mall to the lancome counter. you can always use an extra juicy tube or something, and besides that, it was free.

Thanks for the reply! And yeah..it's so stressful. Last thing I have to worry about is makeup. Otherwise, I'm good. Got my dress and my friend is going to do my hair. :D Oh, and they don't give you free makeovers. You always have to buy something, which is really lame. So I really can't do that unless it's for the real thing. :/

I've been looking around for pictures, and I haven't found anything that's really..outstanding, you know? (If anyone wants to post some ideas, feel free! XD) I'm not sure even what would look good..my eyes are green, and my dress is green, if the eyeshadow is green, would it be too much, or what? Gah. So confusing.

I don't really trust any of my friends to do my makeup for prom, rofl..>.>

well at the bay (its a canadian store) it was free to get a makeover you just ask and they give it to you lol at least thats what it is like here