morning:

2% Sal acid cleanser

Olay Refreshing Toner

Olay complete spf 15 moisturizer

Night:

2% Sal Acid Cleanser

Olay Refreshing Toner

Retin A 0.05%

My face has a few active pimples, but im getting to have that feeling where its not enough.

Ive been on Retin A for officially a month now, technically a month is on the 30th lol.

I was wondering how long did it take you to really see some results as in, breakouts became less serious/pimples actually began to vanish faster or none come up at all ? This is for mostly people who have moderate/mild acne. I can really use advice, because now i'm thinking of finding a new regimen but then upgrading to Retin A 0.1% now

Ok so my regimen is -

morning:

2% Sal acid cleanser

Olay Refreshing Toner

Olay complete spf 15 moisturizer

Night:

2% Sal Acid Cleanser

Olay Refreshing Toner

Retin A 0.05%

My face has a few active pimples, but im getting to have that feeling where its not enough.

Ive been on Retin A for officially a month now, technically a month is on the 30th lol.

I was wondering how long did it take you to really see some results as in, breakouts became less serious/pimples actually began to vanish faster or none come up at all ? This is for mostly people who have moderate/mild acne. I can really use advice, because now i'm thinking of finding a new regimen but then upgrading to Retin A 0.1% now

I'm using tretinoin gel 0.01% (generic Retin-A but not micro) and it took about two months for my skin to even adjust to it. I got the usual initial problems: sensitivity, flaking, pimples worse, redness, blackheads looked larger, etc. Then it slowly started working and has really improved my skin. I have been using it for 6-1/2 months. One suggestion--do not over clean your face; use something very mild at night such as Cetaphil and just use a washcloth and warm water in the AM. Initially, the fewer products, the better.

Once your skin adjusts to Retin-A, then you can add a salicylic acid product in the daytime. I use 2% salicylic gel as a base for mineral makeup. However, I did not start using it until I was completely adjusted to tretinoin (at least four months). I plan to ask my doctor for the 0.05% when I go back in October for my checkup as I still have some blackheads and clogged pores.

the insert that comes in the box with the retin-a micro says not to use salicylic acid when using retin-a.

I agree, stop using that at night. You can continue using that during the day. It takes much longer than a month. On the website it says it can take 7~12 weeks to see really good results.

Also, if you're getting super irritated, that's going to make the process even slower. Be gentle doing everything in your regimen!

the insert that comes in the box with the retin-a micro says not to use salicylic acid when using retin-a.

while i was telling my doctor my regimen, she said that it was okay. i think on the paper it just says to avoid it to avoid irritation. the retin - a has never given me irritation at all. i havent seen any side effects to using sal acid with it so ill keep going

I know how you feel BUT I must also add that a month is hardly enough time to make judgement, I am now entering my 5th week of tetrenoin and I have JUST started to see some improvement :dance: ironically not in any of my "trouble" zones like my cheeks but my forhead, temples and under my eyes look GREAT! smooth acne free and even those pesky think lines I started noticing earlier this year are now fading to a smooth finish. That alone gave me enough incentive to keep at it. Give it another month or so you'll start to see results by then, and if not I would then speak to your dermo. Good Luck!

I'm using tretinoin gel 0.01% (generic Retin-A but not micro) and it took about two months for my skin to even adjust to it. I got the usual initial problems: sensitivity, flaking, pimples worse, redness, blackheads looked larger, etc. Then it slowly started working and has really improved my skin. I have been using it for 6-1/2 months.

hey, i just started using trentinoin cream about a month ago, and i'm having a lot of issues... you say it took you about TWO months for your skin to stop being flaky and sensitive? i'm just feeling really discouraged, but maybe i shouldn't be giving up so soon?

i''ve been using retin-a micro 0.04 (so about the same as you) for four months now. (hmm, started in january.....yeah four months). I still have a couple pimples but omigosh my face is so much better. I used differin before that which turned my mild acne to moderate but a combo of retin a and benzaclin did the trick. (i've cut out the benzaclin now). Stick with it, I promise better results will come shortly.

Bottom line, a month doesnt cut it. stick with it for at least three.

Well, its now .. almost 2 months now i think ? Yeah i definitely think the Retin - A is alot better than any OTC treatment. Seriously. I look foward every night to putting some of the cream on my face to help with my acne. I've been given good results, break outs are manageable. Pimples are smaller, way smaller, well if i remember and not be lazy to stick to my regimen. I'm just hoping during my 3rd-4th month of using the retin-a, itll give me some results to actually eliminating some of the breakouts i have and help with the red marks/brown spots. Other than that, STICK WITH IT! In the morning i love how my skin looks .. but then when i wash it off, its like i washed away the radiance haha.