Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cmshouston

Being a young professional and dealing with acne

I am a 25 year old male and still getting some mild acne. Been using Dan's BP since it came out and it really works for me! I just recently got a big promotion which comes with a lot of responsibility and I am seriously stressed out :wall: It sucks that I go to work now with break outs on my face because of this.......just wondering if anyone was in the same or similar boat that I'm in.

I am a 25 year old male and still getting some mild acne. Been using Dan's BP since it came out and it really works for me! I just recently got a big promotion which comes with a lot of responsibility and I am seriously stressed out :wall: It sucks that I go to work now with break outs on my face because of this.......just wondering if anyone was in the same or similar boat that I'm in.

YES I use to when my acne was sooooooooooooo bad. I finally have it under control.

But I work in the Mental Health field and its meeting after meeting. Sitting there with bad skin used to drive me crazy!!!!

i completely relate. i work at a HUGE company and i'm looking to get promoted myself pretty soon. but who wants to promote a woman with acne who would be representing the company and meeting customers? not the best face forward, literally. it sucks!!!

Unfortunately I can relate as well. I'm a children's therapist, and while my acne is under control at the moment, I have a lot of scarring. The younger kids are genuinely concerned and want to know what happened, while the older kids know exactly what happened and make fun of me to my face, especially when I'm helping them explore tough or sensitive subjects. Sometimes I think I'm more depressed than they are!

i think a lot of people can relate to this!

i work as receptionist for a fashion company and when my skin is bad i feel sooo bad as everyone here is slim and pretty and we have lots of models and famous people coming in! and i just think they are all staring at my bad skin!.

Also it def holds you back as before my skin was bad i was a air hostess and i have been dying to go back to it but i felt too self concious applying for airlines and working long hours with my skin the way it was!

no-one wants a spotty air hostess serving them food!!

but now my skin is slowly improving so im hoping I can follow my dreams of travelling end of this year! at the moment there is no way i would go as no way i would let strangers in dorms see my skin!

but fingers crossed it will improve then i can travel and then go back to my dream job!

Um yeah, I live in LA so it's pretty much against the law to have acne.

It's difficult for people to concentrate on your skills when you have acne and all they can do is look at your pimples. I just read of a woman who had surgery where they broke her legs so that she could be 3 inches taller. She did this because she was afraid of not being taken seriously at 5'1, she is now a whopping 5'4 not much of a difference huh? It probably means the world to her. Anyway, people will go trough great lengths in order to appear "normal" it's a shame that we've been elevated to this level of vanity, but when acne is affecting your emotional health I think going through great lengths and expensive procedures to fix the problem is something that is warranted.

Sure, I could understand that.

There are thousands of people in your boat. I notice the acne scarring on strangers, and even notice some adults near the age of 35 who are dealing with moderate breakouts. Just another example of how unfair life is.

Just got Dan's kit in last week and already notice a BIG difference in just a week! I'm really glad that I started using his product again...Neutrogena can go suck a big one....thanks for the replies guys! Oh yeah, I gotta say some of you girls that replied to this post all look beautiful from what I can see :D