Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
belladonna1234

do you ever feel your acne is worse than other people say it is?

I'm not sure if my acne is mild or moderate. My bf tells me my acne is not that noticable, but i think maybe he's just trying to make me feel better.

when i look in the mirror i just hate what i see, especially in bright lighted rooms, i just look disgusting. Few people have mentioned my acne, but i am an adult now, so people that age are mature enough to know not to mention it.

At work, some young teenagers will make comments somtimes, and its so embarressing. Then i feel weak and embarressed by 12 year olds :( That's probably kinda lame, but it just ends up reminding me of high school.

anyone feel this way?

It could be. Certain people try to downplay it. Others, like the asshole 12 year olds, will poke fun at you. High school should be out of your mind.

Your boyfriend might be trying to be nice, but he could also be telling the truth. If it doesn't matter to him, don't stress out about it so much.

Agreed. I look at myself and see a face full of acne, but other peopler, gf included, tells me it's not bad and they don't even notice it. Not many people look at your face as closely or as long as you do. Try looking in the mirror 3-4 feet away and just a quick glance. That's all people really see, not every little detail that you think shows. It's life. If your acne upsets you, find something to fix it. Until then, don't think too much and try to enjoy yourself.

Definitely. My counselor and psychiatrist think I might have a slight case of acne dysmorphia. I always think my acne is much worse than it really is.

You are your own worst critic, so it is likely that your acne may appear worse to you but is easily overlooked by others.

Yes, sometimes.

The worst is when I actually think it is getting better, and then here comes my mom all up in my face pointing out my hyperpigmentation, mentioning a breakout, or worrying about my scars. :doubt:

i stopped getting acne 1 and half years ago....I've only JUST started to overcome the whole paranoia i used to have when going outside..all the way to me checking our girls and having confidence.....acne may go but it takes a long time to go back to who you were before....thank god i've done it so young at 18

hi ,

yeh i always think my acne is the worst ever as well, i do have moderate/severe acne so it is quite bad but i only have it on my chin and nose so it could be worse. i also hate what i see when i look in the mirror. but when i went to see a derm they said they had seen someone with worse acne than me which i couldnt believe!! i am also bothered by children looking and commenting, i mean how sad is that!!

keep smiling