Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LMNHNY

BP + Differin

I was prescribed Brevoxyl 8% to use as a wash for my face, chest, and back and clindamycin phosphate topical lotion 1% to put on after washing. For some reason, I got the generic BP creamy wash in 4%, but once I started using it, I realized that it's very strong on my skin and has been drying it out like crazy. So I started using cetaphil moisturizing lotion as well.

It's been 2 months and my chest and back have cleared up but I still get pauples and crap on my forhead, nose, and near the side burn areas so my doc prescribed differin during my last visit (04/22/09). I asked her about fading and she said a good alternative to the expensive Rx fading cream is Ambi, but it burns my skin, on the apple of my cheeks and around my nose.

So this is my daily regime:

Morning:

BP 4% on face (T-Zone only), chest & back- wash off with warm water

pat dry w/white towel

CP 1% lotion on face (everywhere), chest, & back

cetaphil lotion on chest and back and whatever is left on my hands I put it on my face

Evening:

BP4% on face (T-Zone only)

Pat dry with white towel

CP 1% on face (everywhere)

Differin on my entire face

No Cetaphil lotion applied at night

I don't understand why my face is so sensitive to the Ambi fading lotion, I feel as though it might the combination of all the treatment already on my face... I also put it on my chest and back/neck if it's sunny out and it's exposed since it has 30SPF. I should ask my dermatologist about it...

I'm going to limit everything I use on face to only my T-Zone.

Also, I got my prescription renewed and I will be using BP 8%, so my face my experience even more drying :doh:

Hey there

I've had a lot of success with Differin and BP, and I'm very pleased with the results. However, I think it's important to use a very gentle cleanser that won't aggravate your skin. In the past, when I've used much harsher cleansers, I've just ended up with flakey skin and little/no improvement with my acne.

At the moment I use BP 2.5 gel in the morning, and Differin at night. The Differin made me break out quite badly at first, but it really worked wonders. I hope it works for you as well!

Best of luck :)

Hey there

I've had a lot of success with Differin and BP, and I'm very pleased with the results. However, I think it's important to use a very gentle cleanser that won't aggravate your skin. In the past, when I've used much harsher cleansers, I've just ended up with flakey skin and little/no improvement with my acne.

At the moment I use BP 2.5 gel in the morning, and Differin at night. The Differin made me break out quite badly at first, but it really worked wonders. I hope it works for you as well!

Best of luck :)

Thanks! 8% is so much harsher on my skin :(. Where did you find 2.5 BP gel? I'm just using what my derm. prescribed to me...

its been almost 3 weeks now.

my face burns! lol really bad... its been extra sensitive. i've been using this ambi fade cream for normal skin and its working great. its only been a week and 2 of my dark marks are significantly getting lighter :).

I'm looking for something that will moisturize my skin and not cause it to burn...

I'm back to square 1. I got really lazy and stopped the treatment half way through the summer. Shame on me. I'm going to revisit my Dermatologist and get new refills on my stuff. :think: