Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gattz

Acne and Rosacea

Hi, I was just wondering how you can tell if redness is caused my rosacea or just acne? Or are they just the same thing? My face always has red spots somewhere, especially on my nose.

Hi, I was just wondering how you can tell if redness is caused my rosacea or just acne? Or are they just the same thing? My face always has red spots somewhere, especially on my nose.

Redness does not cause rosacea. Rosacea causes redness, it is an inflammatory skin disease characterised by flares and remissions.

Acne can cause redness in the area of breakouts. The area is inflammed. But do not confuse this inflammation with rosacea - they are different.

Red spots can be one of two things 1) hyperpigmentation - put as simply as possible - the pimple has flattened but there are red marks left from it - think of these as footprints or 2) broken blood vessels.

If you currently middle aged (40 - 60 years old) and of Celtic origin - than MAYBE you have rosacea and broken blood vessels.

Otherwise you probably have inflammed acne spots and hyperpigmentation which can be treated quite easily with Finacea, a retinoid or an antibiotic topical.

I thought I had roseaca but my redness comes and goes. I think if redness stays, its roseaea.