Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

OK so here's my story, i finished my first round of accutane about 15 months ago which pretty much cleared up my borderline moderate/severe acne after i had tried and failed pretty much every single topical and antibiotic combination out there. But over the last 5 months my acne has crept back (but has only returned as very persistant mild acne) and i have been put on more antitiotics from my derm appointment which was about 4 months ago (and they have blatently not worked at all and they never did) where i was told that if they didnt work they i should look into 'other options'; the main problem is the red marks and scars they leave behind cos my skin scars at even the tiniest pimple, and i was wondering if i should push for accutane at my next appointment on a week on wednesday. I also have very oily skin and before you tell me to try the regimen, it dosent work for me.

this is what happened to me exactly, except my acne came back just as bad. my derm put me on antibiotics and topicals, which just didnt work. and now im on tane again.

This is exactly what happened to me. I went to my doctor, he but me back on it instantly. My skin is clear again. I would push for it

This is exactly what happened to me. I went to my doctor, he but me back on it instantly. My skin is clear again. I would push for it

will do! im going for my appointment on wednesday so ill post back with how it went :D only problem is with it being the NHS i have low hopes :(

Are you using anything topically? Check out the pinned posts in the Red Marks forum. Some of those suggestions help with fading red marks and clogged pores (the precursor to breakouts). Of course they don't always work for everyone. Won't hurt to try a few though (for longer than a month....)

Are you using anything topically? Check out the pinned posts in the Red Marks forum. Some of those suggestions help with fading red marks and clogged pores (the precursor to breakouts). Of course they don't always work for everyone. Won't hurt to try a few though (for longer than a month....)

at the moment i have just come off using isotrex and erythromycin for the last 2 months with... suprise, suprise... no improvement :( i have tried almost everything for my acne and red marks, ive been on most retinoids and antibiotics, have tried both lactic acid and glycolic peels (each a course of 6 peels), bp and jojoba oil, some random scrubs, a products with aha's, the only options i can see left are either another course of roaccutane or possibly red/blue light therapy... accutane is the only thing that really worked which is why i am pushing for it :)