Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
amanda8lynn22

Does anyone have any advcie/ suggestions for my routine?

Okay, I'm 21, had acne for 6 years, and I'm currently doing a lot for my skin and I need to know if anyone (maybe who's been on all of these) has any advice as to how I can improve my regimen. This has been working on my entire face WITH the Exception of 20 closed permanent-ish comedones on my chin.

I take orally tetracycline 500mg/ 2xday, tri-sprintec, 16000IU vitamin A, multivitamin, and ACV once in awhile.

Every morning I wash my face with C&C sensitive skin cleanser, pat with triclosan, rinse with cool water. Pat dry. Use Physicians Formula mineral powder.

Every night I wash my face with Clean&Clear sensitive skin cleanser, exfoliate with wash cloth, rinse with cool water, pat triclosan (antibacterial soap) on my face, wait 30 sec., rinse, then pour HP on my face, wait 30 sec. then rinse with cold water. Pat dry. (*I know HP's supposed to be bad, but it's been working..)

Wait 20 min., apply clindamycin solution (Every night). Wait 10 min. Every other night apply Retin-A .1% cream, alternating nights with BP 10% mixed with Purpose moisturizer (brings it down to like 2% BP).

My skin looks nearly perfect everywhere except my chin. Damn comedones!!

Okay, I'm 21, had acne for 6 years, and I'm currently doing a lot for my skin and I need to know if anyone (maybe who's been on all of these) has any advice as to how I can improve my regimen. This has been working on my entire face WITH the Exception of 20 closed permanent-ish comedones on my chin.

I take orally tetracycline 500mg/ 2xday, tri-sprintec, 16000IU vitamin A, multivitamin, and ACV once in awhile.

Every morning I wash my face with C&C sensitive skin cleanser, pat with triclosan, rinse with cool water. Pat dry. Use Physicians Formula mineral powder.

Every night I wash my face with Clean&Clear sensitive skin cleanser, exfoliate with wash cloth, rinse with cool water, pat triclosan (antibacterial soap) on my face, wait 30 sec., rinse, then pour HP on my face, wait 30 sec. then rinse with cold water. Pat dry. (*I know HP's supposed to be bad, but it's been working..)

Wait 20 min., apply clindamycin solution (Every night). Wait 10 min. Every other night apply Retin-A .1% cream, alternating nights with BP 10% mixed with Purpose moisturizer (brings it down to like 2% BP).

My skin looks nearly perfect everywhere except my chin. Damn comedones!!

Did you have the problem with the closed comedones on your chin before you started on the retin-a cream and the clindamycin? Both medications contain potentially pore clogging ingredients, so if this problem is new, one of the meds might be contributing to the clogged pores. Retin-A cream contains isopropyl myristate which is VERY pore clogging. The clindamycin, depending on the brand you are using, may contain glyceryl stearate SE, which is moderately pore clogging. Clindamycin clogged my skin pretty badly when I used it.

Have you ever tried getting the comedones extracted by an esthetician or a derm? Extractions can really help a lot with those stubborn clogged pores that just won't go away.

Hey thanks for responding, willow569.

Ive had these closed comedones on my chin for 4-5 years, right after I started getting my first pimples, and they've just gotten bigger and more numerous over the years. I know about the retin-A possibly clogging pores, but my Charity Care only covers the cream. I use the alcohol solution of clindamycin, which is alcohol, I don't think that'll clog my pores.

I'd really like to try to get some extractions done, but I can't afford it right now.

t seems like it'd only be a temporary solution, though.