Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zigg123

Topical meds and makeup

Today I was prescribed Evoclin foam to apply in the AM, and Ziana gel for PM. Due to my major insecurities, I rarely like to be seen without at least a little makeup on, and I live with my boyfriend. I feel terrible that he has to look at me with all these red spots on my face (despite the fact that he is uber-supportive and kind).

Anyway - the foam is great, dries quickly, and I don't see a problem applying makeup afterwards (I use everyday minerals, and some spot concealer on the bad spots). However the gel is sticky. I can see why it is made to apply at night - however, I can't stand the thought of my BF rolling over in bed, touching my face, and feeling nothing but sticky crap!! :( Also, the makeup just does NOT go on well on top of this stuff.

Any thoughts / ideas / alternatives to the gel?

Today I was prescribed Evoclin foam to apply in the AM, and Ziana gel for PM. Due to my major insecurities, I rarely like to be seen without at least a little makeup on, and I live with my boyfriend. I feel terrible that he has to look at me with all these red spots on my face (despite the fact that he is uber-supportive and kind).

Anyway - the foam is great, dries quickly, and I don't see a problem applying makeup afterwards (I use everyday minerals, and some spot concealer on the bad spots). However the gel is sticky. I can see why it is made to apply at night - however, I can't stand the thought of my BF rolling over in bed, touching my face, and feeling nothing but sticky crap!! :( Also, the makeup just does NOT go on well on top of this stuff.

Any thoughts / ideas / alternatives to the gel?

You apply the gel at night not the morning right? Also, don't you apply makeup in the morning? if you are using the foam in the morning and applying makeup after then I don't see what the problem is, you said the foam is great and applying makeup after is fine. Unless you are applying the gel in the morning I don't see what the problem is.