Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
helpwanted345

Advice needed

I have a lot of open pores and whiteheads underneath my skin. I have visited my doctors and he told me that I only have a few whiteheads and was reluctant to give me some benzoyl peroxide. I am thinking visitng a dermatologist to see what options are available as it bothers me that people stop and stare at my skin. Can any offer any advice?

Edited by helpwanted345

ignore those guys...yeah there are other people who have it worse. people think if you have one arm than you should be thankful because there are others who dont have any... Id say you have very minimal scarring and some enlarged pores. I dont think bp would help, im not too sure. I think youd be a candidate for a topical or a mild laser treatment, fraxel:restore. The topicals exfoliate the skin and hopefully tightens the pores up will definately help with whiteheads. Restore is a very mild laser that can help smooth texture out. id say you dont have anything to worry about but if your feeling self conscious about it take a look around and see your options.

By "open pores" are you referring to scarred pores? What particular type of scarring do you have? (I can't distinguish this from your picture)

you serious? please tell me your not actually being serious?

"You cannot be serious"

Yes John McEnroe I'm being serious :)

Do you have body dymorphic or whatever its called disorder like I think I might have? You dont even have mild acne

Body Dysmorphic Disorder.

(previously known as Dysmorphophobia[1] and sometimes referred to as Body dysmorphia) (also known as "Dysmorphic syndrome," and "Dysmorphophobia"[2]) is a psychiatric disorder in which the affected person is excessively concerned about and preoccupied by an imagined or minor defect in their physical features. The sufferer may complain of several specific features or a single feature, or a vague feature or general appearance, causing psychological distress that impairs occupational and/or social functioning, sometimes to the point of complete social isolation.[3] It is estimated that 1–2% of the world's population meet all the diagnostic criteria for BDD.

Body Dysmorphic Disorder.
(previously known as Dysmorphophobia[1] and sometimes referred to as Body dysmorphia) (also known as "Dysmorphic syndrome," and "Dysmorphophobia"[2]) is a psychiatric disorder in which the affected person is excessively concerned about and preoccupied by an imagined or minor defect in their physical features. The sufferer may complain of several specific features or a single feature, or a vague feature or general appearance, causing psychological distress that impairs occupational and/or social functioning, sometimes to the point of complete social isolation.[3] It is estimated that 1�"2% of the world's population meet all the diagnostic criteria for BDD.

Oops, I shouldve know theres an s in it because dys means difficulty

From that picture, I think your skin looks very clear. There is no sign of redness, blackheads, whiteheads or any bumps in general. I don't think I can be very wrong about that because your picture can be expanded to a very large view.

For a guy, I think your skin looks excellent. Since we are genetically prone to have larger pores, you cannot really expect your skin to be poreless and smooth like a girl's, because that can't happen and just wouldn't look right.

I don't think you have any acne problem to deal with. If you are dissatisfied with your skin condition, there are many cosmetic procedures (non-invasive and invasive) and topicals you can resort to at the dermatologist. Even though, if I were you, I would perhaps only consider something mild because of the lower risks. You wouldn't want to risk your 9/10 for a 10/10 if there is a chance you could go down to 5/10 after an adverse reaction.