Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Munchie

Erythromycin + Tretinoin

I'm 19/f this year and i've acne problem since i was 12. After many years of battling, i've decided to consult a derm. Right now, I'm using Stiecymin (Erythromycin base 2%) with Rectanyl Tretinoin cream 0.05% by Galderma for 8 days already. I am experiencing all the redness, peeling and itchiness and i use hydrocortisone/aqeuous cream to combat the dry skin and irritations, it helps alot!

I guess the purging process is starting because I have new pimples starting to form along my jawline, which i never had so much at a time before. The worst thing is that i scratches my face unknowingly when i sleep, resulting in really bad sore skin the next day.

I hoping to see better results after 2-3weeks. Keeping my fingers crossed. :)

Morning

• Wash face with Dermavive Soap Free Wash 120ml (contains colloidal oatmeal, suppose to eliminate itchiness & reduce scratching)
  • Apply Stiecymin on affected area
  • Apply a thin layer of hydrocortisone cream
  • Apply Dr Glow Professional lightening (Pink) sunblock SPF 30

When i go out, i uses Rojukiss Spot light blemish balm cream to conceal the redness and Pigeon baby compact powder to get rid of the shine. I use ZA cleansing foaming gel to remove my 'makeup'.

Night

Wash face with Dermavive Dermavive Soap Free Wash 120ml

Wait for 20-30mins and then apply a thin layer of Rectanyl

Apply thin layer of hydrocortisone cream

*will update again on my progress!

i have crusts today, due to unintentional scratching! what can i do?? I'm so sad, i guess tretinoin is not working for me. :(

I have this problem of unintentionally scratching my face during sleep. I believe it is because tretinoin makes my skin itch during sleep. In my case, it went away after 2 weeks of using it.

For me, applying it about 1 to 2 hours before I actually go to bed means I am awake during the stage where it is the most itchy, so the chances of scratching when I'm alseep is lower. If your skin is dry and itchy, applying some moisturiser after using tretinoin will sooth the itchiness. I originally planned to wear gloves if the situation persisted, but eventually I didn't need to because it resolved