Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dsrfgsertwe

on tazorac, blood comes out of pores when wearing makeup

it's not like there's so much blood it's dripping, but some of my pores get full of blood and you can see little red spots all over.

other than a little dryness, nothing lotion can't fix, this is the only problem i'm having with taz.

:o Oh wow...that seems like a rather large problem ship! I would stop using that product immediately and call your doctor. Honestly the only thing I can think of that also causes blood to come out of pores (rather horrifically) is ebola. I know you don't have that, but if it's somehow messing with your circulatory system...that seems like a rather huge side effect!

Good luck!

it's not like there's so much blood it's dripping, but some of my pores get full of blood and you can see little red spots all over.

other than a little dryness, nothing lotion can't fix, this is the only problem i'm having with taz.

It's likely just sebum that's strangely colored. My pores will occasionally exude a darker colored sebum in a few areas. But do contact your derm; take a photo for your derm, too.

i actually went into the derm today. i was already wearing makeup (when i'm in a hurry i just wait to wash it off at the office) and i left it on until he saw what was going on and then washed it off. it turms out some of the redness i had that i figured was just dryness from the taz is actually a case of eczema (it runs in the family), the blood was from my makeup irritating the eczema. he told me to stop wearing makeup until it clears up, take a break from the tazorac tonight, and instead just apply my moisturizer and he gave me a sample of a lotion called fluocinide to treat the eczema. i put it on for the first time about five hours ago and it's already looking a lot better.