Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Amber Lynn

Pimple Is NOT Going Down or Away.

So, I've had a pimple near the side of my lips for about 2-3 days now. It was a painful red bump for a little while, and then finally came to a head last night. I rarely pop my pimples, but this one was just too painful to deal with. So, I cleaned a needle with rubbing alcohol, pricked the head, and gently squeezed out the nasty white stuff using two cotton balls. Afterwards, I cleaned my face with my normal face wash, and put 5% benzoyl peroxide on it, hoping it would have nearly disappeared when I woke up. (Which usually happens.) Needless to say, I woke up and it's STILL red, with no head on it anymore, and still painful, which usually means there's still a bunch of gunk way below the surface. I would love it if I could reduce the pain and redness somehow, but I'm at a loss. Help!??

This has happened to me so many times and its always so disappointing when you wakeup the next day and its still inflammed! I would take some advil to dull the pain a bit so you don't keep obsessing over it all day. Instead of ice which doesn't help me at all, I'd apply some teatree oil. It tends to numb the spot for a bit and works as an antibacterial oil. Then just wait til it comes to a head again. Good luck!