Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
justice4u

Protein Shakes/ Bars always seem to break me out

i work out , and i badly need to take supplements. i cant just eat meat 6-7 times a day, ill go crazy.

usually after a workout, ill stop by the store and get a couple of protein bars.

im not quiet sure, but its either the extra sugar(theyre peanut butter/chocolate protein bars) or the whey/gluten that break me out. some bars even have soy. i dont know what specifically breaks me out.

but i found some "brown rice" protein online and im thinking of trying that. no whey, no soy, no milk/eggs/sugar, no gluten either.

it sounds like a good idea. either that, or vegan protein shakes(but some have soy in them).

what do you guys think? anyone have experiences with protein supplements which break you out vs ones that dont break you out?

I don't think I have been experiencing breakouts from protein shakes which I have been taking every day after weight training and running. It might just be the bars?

I don't think I have been experiencing breakouts from protein shakes which I have been taking every day after weight training and running. It might just be the bars?

Protein shake ( whey isolate ) is fine. But protein bar is bad.

Replace it with nuts.

Protein bars suck. Too much crap.

Whey isolates are generally pretty safe, but they are so expensive that it's not really worth it, imo.

Hemp is also really expensive.

I use brown rice protein powder and it's fine for me. Costs about $5-6 a pound versus $10 for an isolate.

I get mine at www.trueprotein.com. Probably the best place to order from. You can't beat their prices and it is all custom made so you get to choose the flavors, sweeteners (pick stevia) and whatever else.

Keep in mind that rice protein powder is kinda chalky and gross, but it's only a few seconds of your life a day and you'll get over the consistency soon enough. Just man up and you'll be fine.

Protein bars suck. Too much crap.

Whey isolates are generally pretty safe, but they are so expensive that it's not really worth it, imo.

Hemp is also really expensive.

I use brown rice protein powder and it's fine for me. Costs about $5-6 a pound versus $10 for an isolate.

I get mine at www.trueprotein.com. Probably the best place to order from. You can't beat their prices and it is all custom made so you get to choose the flavors, sweeteners (pick stevia) and whatever else.

Keep in mind that rice protein powder is kinda chalky and gross, but it's only a few seconds of your life a day and you'll get over the consistency soon enough. Just man up and you'll be fine.

Wow, nice. I am thinking of ordering that instead of the 5 lbs jayrobb whey protein!

It cost $137 for 5lbs , TrueProtein isolate Cold-***** 16lbs cost $160+

NICE price for 16 lbs.

Do you think True protein protein are grass-fed cow? Or that doesn't matter?

Is it good as jayrobb? :D

Pea protein isolate is great if you can find it. It's actually alkaline aswell which aids in the bodies ph balance.

I think one of the protein sources in Nitrofusion is pea protein isolate.

Never tried the product though, but I've seen some good reviews

Trueprotein.com has gemma pea protein. I tried it. It was kinda weird. Really thick. I'd rather stick with rice protein personally.