Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Yeah so i've read tons of reviews. I'm scared to death of the initial purging. Wondering if anyone else has used it here? I used the search function to find threads, but I only found tons of various threads on AHA, but not this specific product.

Well, hopefully this works.

Yeah so i've read tons of reviews. I'm scared to death of the initial purging. Wondering if anyone else has used it here? I used the search function to find threads, but I only found tons of various threads on AHA, but not this specific product.

Well, hopefully this works.

I've used it for almost a year and I had no initial purging. However, I could never use it on my forehead because it always broke me out there for some reason. It was excellent anywhere else at keeping the "milia" (skin colored bumps) away!

I had an initial purging with the AHA product I use. But it was hardly bad as all I had was comedones that decided to go inflammatory for about two weeks. I had a whopping total of five inflammatory lesions (I think) and that was my initial breakout.

The AHA has also helped remove the appearance of uneven coloration and given my skin a glowing look. I also use a retinoid and that also increases the even appearance and glow. And helps with fine lines, too!

Thank you as well. Glad to hear your IB was minimal. I guess another reason i'm so worried is because my skin is just so incredibly sensitive. The only topical it ever tolerated was finacea.

I'm thinking i'll start out just using it on my forehead for a week, and wait for the results I get. How long do you think it would take before I started to see an IB form if I was going to get one?

If there is an IB, the breakout timing, onset, ending, everything, depends on the individual and the medication/drug.

The AHA souffle was great for the milia, especially on my cheeks. However, I noticed that my red marks would never go away. I've had one from July that was still here in January. So, for some reason I stopped using the AHA and within a few weeks my red marks were gone on my cheek. I dont know if it was a coincidence or what, but I thought the AHA was suppossed to help with the red marks but in my case it seems that it just prolonged them. I guess everyone's skin is different but give it a try, maybe on your chin and see how it works.

I don't have any fine lines or redmarks, finacea takes care of the redmarks, but I do have scarring, so if I saw some even slight improvement in that i'd be extremely excited. Really i'm just looking to improve my acne more than anything though. I've more or less come to terms with my rough appearance but the acne devastates me to the point where I can't even leave my house.

I applied the AHA to my forehead tonight. I'll continue this for a while to make sure it's safe.