Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sammycat

How do I know if I got all the pus out of a pimple?

I just popped a big zit on my face. It has been there for almost a month making my life hell, and now that it has finally dried somewhat and the head was coming out, I squeezed it out. Some pus came out (sorry it's disgusting) twice, followed by some blood. Then some watery blood. How do I know if I got it all out? The area is still kind of swollen.My dermatologist is not in for the next couple of days so I'm pretty much on my own. Help help help!

Hey sammycat, from my own experience, once the watery blood comes out, it means that all the pus are also out. :) Don't squeeze it too hard, what I recommend to reduce the chances of scarring from squeezing zits which I have learnt myself is to tug at the areas beside the zit (not on the zit, ouch). It should be about 1cm from both sides. This action will be like causing the skin on the zit to get stretched in a gentle manner which also pushes out the nastiness. :)

Hey sammycat, from my own experience, once the watery blood comes out, it means that all the pus are also out. :) Don't squeeze it too hard, what I recommend to reduce the chances of scarring from squeezing zits which I have learnt myself is to tug at the areas beside the zit (not on the zit, ouch). It should be about 1cm from both sides. This action will be like causing the skin on the zit to get stretched in a gentle manner which also pushes out the nastiness. :)

Hey thanks a lot! That's a relief, even though the size hasn't really gone down yet. Grrr. But it's only been an hour so I'll wait a bit more :-( Thanks for the tip! :D

Hey thanks a lot! That's a relief, even though the size hasn't really gone down yet. Grrr. But it's only been an hour so I'll wait a bit more :-( Thanks for the tip! :D

Haha no problem! Try my method next time! No! Hope you don't have to try anything anymore! :)

You never really know, but some pimples will leak a clear liquid once you've drained them. That's when you know you've gotten most of the stuff out. Then again, you may get out the pus and drain the clear liquid as well, but still have gunk stuck deeper in the pore that you won't be able to squeeze out without causing skin/tissue damage. Basically it's squeeze and see. Make sure you apply an antiseptic on top - tea tree oil, BP, or even Neosporin - for some reason they work really well when placed in/on popped pimples. I know when I've drained a pimple completely, because the tea tree oil will make it vanish overnight and just leave behind a red mark.

Ok thanks! I only have benzoyl peroxide so I'll try that. Thanks again