Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fastingForAcne

I'm water fasting for a week

Hello everybody.

As you can see, it's my first post on this forum. I decided to try SERIOUSLY water fasting this time. I already try it few times, for like 1 to 3 days maximum, and this time, I will reach one week, hopefully.

Why I decide to fast (tomorrow) ? I want to try this to try to help my acne. I saw good things about water fasting. First, the idea of water fasting came in my mind after seeing that brucester had benefits of water fasting for his acne (in like one week). So, why not give it a shot?

Maybe it won't help, maybe it will, but don't worry, it's not dangerous for my health, I read a lot about it and I know what I'm doing.

By stopping eating ( just drinking a lot of water ), my body will begin to *repair* my body and to eliminate everything bad from me (hopefully, acne). My acne is not that bad, I already had WAY WORSE ACNE while I was on Accutane, but I have few little white heads and scars on my face, so I seriously want to give water fasting a try.

I hope you won't say bad things about my water fasting, because it's not the goal. I do it for myself (of course), but also for you. There is a lot of solution to eliminate acne, and I think that fasting is a nice thing to do for that.

When animals are in pain, they automatically stop eating to heal them, so I hope by stopping eating I will heal myself and my acne as well.

So, enough talking, and let's begin the fast (I began at 20:00 O'clock, two hours ago), and I hope I won't stop until friday, same hour. I will describe you everything I feel everybody and tell my commentaries about my feeling acne my acne as well. Thanks for you support!

lmao so true! as a muslim and having seen other muslims around the time of Ramadan, when they are fasting for a month they do end up looking healthier at the end, so i believe this might work too although just going on a water fast is scary, my parents say it helps cleanse your body of everything for a month

Make sure when you do start eating food you do it slowly and introduce different food groups gradually.

I do agree that water fasts do help clear the skin, but it is only temporary. Try to maintain a really healthy diet afterwards to keep it from coming back.

Good luck

Thanks for the support, seriously.

Yeah, when I'll restart to eat, I will introduce food groups gradually ( I read a lot about it, and I know that you can't just eat 3000 calories the day after your one week fast lol).

For the healthy diet, I'm already following a healthy diet for few months. It's like the paleo diet: a bit of meat, eggs, almonds, veggies, fish. I think this kind of diet is awesome to help acne ( it doesn't completely heal acne, but it does help to control it). To eat few carbs is the key I guess ( less insulin ).

maybe you're right amonsterheart, maybe it will just clean my skin temporary, but as you said, after the one week water fast, I will continue to eat as healthy as I can to avoid it to come back.

Brucester did a 26 days fast, and after a week, he noticed all his acne (acne-scars) disappeared. His experience learned me a lot about fasting and I thanks him for telling us his story about fasting.

There is water fasting haters, of course, but personnaly I think that water fasting heal everything in your body. It gives a nice rest to your body.

So right now it's the morning, I just woke up a few minutes ago, nothing big to say (I don't have any hunger, it will begin to appear in like 3-4 hours). To main key to not eat on a water fast is too stay busy mentally. If you don't, you will fail.

I will tell more of my day before going to sleep around 21:00, but you can send messages when you want, I will often come see if there is an answer here.

(If you see any mistakes in my english, sorry, but I'm french :shifty: )

Bye!

Hi apples!

I will consume approx. 4 liters of water (it's around 13 onces I think, I'm not familiar with onces measurment).

Skin become more dry when you don't eat, so drinking water may help.

TO detoxify yourself, you have to drink a lot of water. I think 4 liters ( around 13 onces ) looks alright, maybe I'll drink more.

And for the exercise, I don't think it's a good idea to do BIG exercise while fasting. It's just wouldn't great for your body because he doesn't receive nutrients to give you energy. I will just walk as usual and not do too much exercise.

I hope it answered your question!

The 1st International Course on Pain Medicine (ICPM), which will take place on 28-31 May, 2009 in Granada Congress & Exhibition Center, Granada, Spain. The Course, the first of its kind, aims to provide an overview of the main chronic pain entities, from their pathophysiological mechanisms to the diagnosis and most advanced treatment options available. Hence, it is particularly dedicated to those physicians willing to increase or update their clinical knowledge on pain management.

Please visit us at http://www.icpm2009.net for more information. Or email us: [email protected]

Bonjour. Well, to tell you the truth, I'm a little concerned. water is indeed healthy and good for you but you need other nutrients to get through the day. But we'll see how this works out. Hopefully it will be a success

Hi Ezento.

The water is going well!

Of course you need nutrients to live, but it's not because you need them that you can't water fast. If you're healthy, you have A LOT of ressources in your body ( vitamins, minerals, etc ). Even if you stop eating for a long time, you will have enough nutrients and don't have any problems. I read a lot about it. Of course, you may have secondary effects during the fast, but usually, it's nothing too hard.

For the first days, I felt a bit hungry (it's normal), but no really side effects. No dizzy or headache, etc. It looks great for the moment.

I'm still continuing! During my fast, I get less acne. I hope my body will purify himself enough to help me even after the fast. We'll see what happen!

Salut, j'ai fait un jeûne de 3 semaines en novembre/decembre dernier, je pense que tu ne devrais pas boire autant d'eau sinon tu risques l'hyponatrémie, et c'est important de faire des prises de sang pour voir si tout va bien.

Salut Adri Chan.

Je vais te répondre en français, puisque tu m'as posé la question en français :dance:

En fait, le premier jour, j'ai bu environ 4 litres d'eau. Cependant, j'ai remarqué que ma peau avait tendance à être plus huileuse lorsque je bois plus (je l'ai réalisé après que j'aie lu quelqu'un sur ce forum dire ça). Donc, après la première journée, je me suis mis à boire moins, c'est à dire 2 litres par jour (la norme). Je trouve que ça me convient mieux et ma peau est moins huileuse.

Et je suis bien content de voir que tu aies fait un jeûne de 3 semaines! Premièrement, féclitations, et deuxièmement, en ce qui concerne les prises de sang, normalement je devrais le faire, mais je crois qu'en une semaine je n'en vois pas assez l'utilité. Oui, il serait mieux que j'en fasse, mais je crois pas que cela me sois nécessaire (pour plus qu'une semaine de jeûne, en effet, je constaterais qu'il est plus impératif de faire des prises de sang comme tu as sûrement dû le faire).

Et au fait, peux-tu me raconter comment s'est déroulé ton jeûne de 3 semaines? Ca m'intéresserait.

Salut!

If you want to know what we were talking about, just ask me, I could translate it.

Just wanted to make sure anyone reading this thread fully reads the thread. The thread starter said water fasting for a week. Not until, his acne disappears. Note: Water fasting is really dangerous and should not be attempted if underweight.

what a coincidence just today id had started researching fasting. there is something to it for health benefits but hard to know as of yet i havent read any real studies on it, which surprises me. but caloric restriction itself is the only scientifically proven method of life extension, which reduces risk of most major diseases.

Hi!

Of course, DO NOT water fast if you are underweight. It's important to be healthy before doing a water fast (why? Because during the water fast, it's normal that the body becomes weaker).

and it's true that caloric restriction has good chances of life extension. But for me, to water fast is to clear my body from toxins and other accumulated things over the years. I'm sure it works. We'll see after the fast what will happen.

Salut Adri Chan.

Je vais te répondre en français, puisque tu m'as posé la question en français :dance:

En fait, le premier jour, j'ai bu environ 4 litres d'eau. Cependant, j'ai remarqué que ma peau avait tendance à être plus huileuse lorsque je bois plus (je l'ai réalisé après que j'aie lu quelqu'un sur ce forum dire ça). Donc, après la première journée, je me suis mis à boire moins, c'est à dire 2 litres par jour (la norme). Je trouve que ça me convient mieux et ma peau est moins huileuse.

Et je suis bien content de voir que tu aies fait un jeûne de 3 semaines! Premièrement, féclitations, et deuxièmement, en ce qui concerne les prises de sang, normalement je devrais le faire, mais je crois qu'en une semaine je n'en vois pas assez l'utilité. Oui, il serait mieux que j'en fasse, mais je crois pas que cela me sois nécessaire (pour plus qu'une semaine de jeûne, en effet, je constaterais qu'il est plus impératif de faire des prises de sang comme tu as sûrement dû le faire).

Et au fait, peux-tu me raconter comment s'est déroulé ton jeûne de 3 semaines? Ca m'intéresserait.

Salut!

If you want to know what we were talking about, just ask me, I could translate it.

I can see you know your stuff, I fasted firstly to get rid of seborrheic dermatitis and in that sense it was a failure, it had a positive effect on acne thought.

In fact as I speak I don't have acne anymore, but I don't consider myself cured, maybe I will after 3 months or more with zero acne.

The fast did helped to achieve this result, and the fact that I eat organic since I restrated eating.

But in my case I think the most important thing is that I started recently supplement with vitamin D, then I added cod liver oil, and finally zinc + P5P.

I'm taking a probiotic too but I honestly can't say for sure if the one I chose is effective.

I don't think fasting is a silver bullet, if you did fucked with your health big time like I did with accutane and tetracycline antibiotics, or if you have vitamins and minerals deficiencies since a long time fasting may help you out but it will not be a cure.

It's really hard to explain in details the effects it had on my health but overall I think it was positive for me.

Oh, and during your fast you will very likely experience a complete annihilation of your horniness :confused: but don't worry it will come back soon after you will restart eating :D

lmao so true! as a muslim and having seen other muslims around the time of Ramadan, when they are fasting for a month they do end up looking healthier at the end, so i believe this might work too although just going on a water fast is scary, my parents say it helps cleanse your body of everything for a month

Lol....so true. And Ramadan's just around the corner.

Hey, why not use Ramadan as an opportunity to test this out? Only two meals a day (and here in Canada, I'll have to fast 14 hrs!!!! No food no water!).

So, you in for it? When it's closer to Ramadan time (like a week from it), I'll make a post on the board. Let's see how much people we can gather (Muslim and Non-Muslim) and test this out.

Who's in? It'll be like this (for those of you who don't know) -

No eating and drinking ANYTHING between dawn and dusk (NOT SUNRISE AND SUNSET). Search up your local times when Ramadan comes. Also no masturbation and other "sinful" deeds. Induced vomiting also breaks the fast. Medicine (not nutritional supplements) that is absolute necessary is an exception to the no eating/drinking rule.

I'll post a detailed explanation when the time comes; for now just Google it :P

Wow, look how this worked out. It's both the water fasting and no masturbation myths that can be proven at the same time! Oh, and it's for one month.

So, again, what do think? You in?

Good luck and "4 liters = 135.256091 US fluid ounces" from google. :)

Love the new avatar Wynne :D Much better that the librarian-looking, over-aged piece of homo-erectus...*ehem* I mean homo-sapien :P

Love the new avatar Wynne :D Much better that the librarian-looking, over-aged piece of homo-erectus...*ehem* I mean homo-sapien :P

Hmph. I like the granny av. *scowls* :D

Hmph. I like the granny av. *scowls* :D

I like the granny better LOL.

Salut Adri Chan.

Salut!

I am taking a course in French right now, I understood some of it. =)

Nice to see more posts!

I'm still continuing my fast, everything is doing great, less acne, it's good.

Of course, I don't consider water fast THE solution to stop having acne but to clear your body from toxins, etc is a great start to help your body heal yourself (I think).

The most important thing, for me, is too have a good diet after my water fast. The diet is the most important thing (with supplementation, I'll think about that too).

Remember after your water fast to start eating slowly. You do not want to start normally eating afterwards because it may make you gain weight due to the eating changes right off the bat, so increase your intake slowly.

I would like to see how this goes for you. I was going to water fast for my skin as well. I just decided to quit smoking though, so my water fast may have to wait in till my cravings stop. But if it works out good for you, I will most certainly try it! So make sure to keep posting it up. Also, good luck. =)