Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
myuhpapya

help! need to find powder/foundation for summer

whats a really good powder/foundation that doesnt irritate/clog pores, won't cause breakouts, has spf in it, light, covers well without looking cakey and is for oily/combination skin types?

anyone? maybe clinique or neutrogena?

The best powder mineral foundation I`ve ever used with zero irritation or breakouts. I`ve used it for two years, it covers flawlessly but looks so natural. It`s very high quality and skin friendly.

True Minerals Protective Mineral Foundation

i really am a fan of mineral makeups because i use it right now and it gives me no mask look at all when used properly. right now im using bare minerals and like it alot

im with everyone else! also a big fan of Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals make-up! its great. gives you a nice natural coverage without clogging your pores! def worth the money!

Hi,

MAYBELLINE PURESTAY POWDER FOUNDATION -- I Looooove it!

SPF 15, Fragrance free and doesn't clog pores, it gives good coverage of marks and makes skin look smooth.

Currently i'm using this loose powder from Physician's Formula, but to be honest I don't really like it. It makes my face look a weird color and my face starts getting shiny right away. it also creases into the corners of my nose. I'm looking for a new powder and I was going to shell out some dough for a powder from benefit Cosmetics that I read good reviews about, but then I realized i'm on a budget so i'm going to Target and i'm going to buy my old trusty compact from Cover Girl LOL.

Good luck. So far this summer I've tried Jane Iredale (too sparkly) and Clinique Almost Powder SPF 15 makeup. The latter made my face break out. What is it with Clinique? Their Superface Double Powder (or whatever it's called!) did the same thing. And to think they've built their company on the premise that their products are "so pure!" Speaking of PUR, I think I'll try Pur Minerals next. I like the idea of a pressed powder foundation in the summer. It's easy and absorbs the greasies. I did actually liked the Clinique Almost Powder - it was easy to apply and looked beautiful but it totally annoyed my skin after a couple of days. It was a huge disappointment. I also tried Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer and her Loose Power (major $$$$$). Broke me out too. I hate my skin. If anybody finds a make-up that is truly non-acnegenic, let us all know.

I started using Makeup Forever Duo Mat Powder Foundation and I really like, its oil-free which I love. It gives me a real mat finish.

Mineral makeup breaks me out.

Oh! I also found Lorac Wet/dry powder. It says its good for people with really sensitive skin (oil and fragrant free). This was my second choice (if the Makeup Forever didn't work out).

Both are pretty pricey but if dont mind paying extra I recommend you look into both of them.

My wife has been selling MARY KAY COSMETICS for the past four years and LOVES their MINERAL FOUNDATION. My 15 year old daughter has been on "The Regimen" for the past FIVE months and uses the mineral make-up from Mary Kay and it not only helps to absorb any excess oil, her skin is absolutely GORGEOUS! Daniel Kern is a GOD SEND! And so is Mary Kay! ;)

Try it, you might LOVE it! *Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules. *

chuwl ~:)'

I like MAC's lightful foundation and the MSFs. Or if you prefer, concealer and tinted moisturizer are also good for the summer.

My wife has been selling MARY KAY COSMETICS for the past four years and LOVES their MINERAL FOUNDATION. My 15 year old daughter has been on "The Regimen" for the past FIVE months and uses the mineral make-up from Mary Kay and it not only helps to absorb any excess oil, her skin is absolutely GORGEOUS! Daniel Kern is a GOD SEND! And so is Mary Kay! ;)

Try it, you might LOVE it! *Moderator edit, URL removed - read the board rules. *

chuwl ~ :) '

Is this foundation fragrance free?

Yes, MK mineral foundation is fragrance free. It also doesn't have any bismuth (very irritating and bare minerals and most big name companies use it to make the make up look dewy... it can look tin-y or sparkley or exagerate an oily complexion). The MK version applies well and looks natural. no spf. Coverage is okay.

The one I was going to recommend is U Glo Girl mineral foundation. It only has 6 ingredients and comes in many shades. It has spf with zinc oxide. You don't need to do a lot of buffing to get it to look nice. The website is www.uglogirl.com. It is a small company, and I think the owner, Melissa, handles most of the order and customer inquiries herself. I have oily skin and like that I don't have to apply a ton to get good coverage. I tend to go through it rather quickly though.

just my 2 cents.

I just started using GloMinerals tinted base and pressed base, Mac Prep+Prime, and Mac Prep+Prime Finishing Powder. I have extremely oily skin (I had someone at work say I looked like a vampire character from Twilight!) because it looks so wet and sparkly after 2 hours. Combining these products is working well for me so far.

I use Benefit You Flawless and it goes on light and natural. Doesn't clog my pores (unlike Clinique and Prescriptives powder). I would recommend going to a benefit counter in the mall and ask them to match you up. I wear it by itself or if i want added coverage/more evened complexion i use Benefit You Rebel tinted moisturizer underneath. Works great and I love it. Both products have SPF 15.