Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is it true that stopping consuming milk could help my acne? I've always ate milk products and drink alot too... Do you think I should give it a try?

It may or it may not different things act as triggers for different people. Milk seems to be common for alot of people on here, personally its not a problem for me I drink loads of the stuff! The only way for you to find out is to cut it out and see if it helps.

I'll cut it all... But I need to remove ALL Milk products? I know I have to stop eating cheese, yogurt and milk but Example: I can't pizza because there's cheese on it? Cheese in Hamburger? etc..

Thanks for reply

Some cheeses are lower in lactose than others...which might have fewer of the hormones that aggravate acne. But by cutting it all out you'll get a better idea if it helps clear your skin. So no pizzas with cheese :P

You might find that cutting out dairy will help you feel healthier too - grab all the calcium you can from fresh vegetables and nuts.

Thanks ! I'll try the best I can I love milk so much :P And I've always ate cereal on morning... Well I'll try this for 1 month and we will see

Guest T.M.

Give goats milk a try. I changed to it about 6 months ago to see if it would help. Had a sort of placebo effect for a while as I thought it was helping but I don't think it did. Now I just like the taste!

Heyy,

First of all, the reason they say you should stop drinking milk is because of the hormones within it. I'm sure there's a milk out there hormone free, and that would be similar to cutting out your milk. As for milk products, such as cheese or whatever, it would be the same for them. If you do cut out milk though, remember to still get your calcium.. many other foods contain calcium as well. =)

This question frequently comes up on here. It depends if you are allergic to milk or not. Different things break out different people and food is not the only thing that causes acne. It might cut your acne in half but you might still have it. Stopping birth control pills can cause acne, drastic weather changes cause acne for me, stress causes acne, genetics cause acne. There are so many factors

I'll cut it all... But I need to remove ALL Milk products? I know I have to stop eating cheese, yogurt and milk but Example: I can't pizza because there's cheese on it? Cheese in Hamburger? etc..

Thanks for reply

What acnebattle just said made me want to cry.

Today, I went to my accounting exam at 9am with CLEAR skin, I was so stressed I was shivering as I began to write the test. I left the test, went to the washroom and I had a HUGE cyst forming on my forehead. My forehead NEVER gets cysts. It was also +23 degrees celcius here yestrday, and today is was -4 degrees (WTF), AND I didn't sleep last night because I was reviewing for my exam. Well, I slept like maybe 2 hours, I couldn't get to sleep. AND I had a huge bowl of cereal and finished off the milk, AND had pizza with pineapple on it.

I just did like 2102346 of the things that cause acne in one night. FRICKFRICKFRICKFRICK,.

What acnebattle just said made me want to cry.

Today, I went to my accounting exam at 9am with CLEAR skin, I was so stressed I was shivering as I began to write the test. I left the test, went to the washroom and I had a HUGE cyst forming on my forehead. My forehead NEVER gets cysts. It was also +23 degrees celcius here yestrday, and today is was -4 degrees (WTF), AND I didn't sleep last night because I was reviewing for my exam. Well, I slept like maybe 2 hours, I couldn't get to sleep. AND I had a huge bowl of cereal and finished off the milk, AND had pizza with pineapple on it.

I just did like 2102346 of the things that cause acne in one night. FRICKFRICKFRICKFRICK,.

I did?! Why :(

You can certainly try to see if it helps you. I cut milk out for a while and noticed no improvement in my skin, also I noticed my hair was falling out more so i went back on milk as i enjoy it. For me it isnt a trigger.

if you don't like the taste of soya milk.. rice milk and oat milk are good for cereal! :)

I never saw oat-milk before; the other two, yes....I am going to have to try and find it. Is it avail only on line only?

So far it seems that cutting milk is maybe a helping a small amount with the inflammation of acne. I have noticed my joints don't act up as much, which could be coincidental, but dairy is supposed to be pro-inflammatory.

Do you consider chocolate as dairy?

And all the things that are made with milk... receipe and all that stuff... Do I have to mind of these?

thanks I'll keep you updated if I see change or not :P

It would be best to cut out all milk and dairy products for 1 month, see hoe it goes, than you can find out what milk products do and don't cause you problems. Oh yeah, and any chocolate above 70% coca content does not contain milk.

4 days without milk and dairy ! I miss it so much haha ! I really hope this could be my problem... but I love milk so much :) Anyway we will see what will go on ! Wish me good luck :P