Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Yes, you can use it as a moisturizer and apply it as much as needed... I found it made my face really red right after applying it thought... I don't use it anymore...

doesnt it reduce redness?

It REDUCES redness! Use it, it's awesome! Acne sufferer for 10+ years. Emu oil and vetiver soap for cleansing have helped a ton!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In my experience... no not much of redness reduce... but, may work for you... :)

I'm not saying u put it on and bam your redness is gone. I'm saying with continuous use over time I've been using it a couple weeks so far, it reduces redness. I use it under my makeup and at night. It work for moisturizing you will need no other moisturizers.

You can add a couple of drops to your sunscreen for daily usage.

I used to mix mine with hyaluronic acid serum to make a light nighttime moisturizer.

i bought my emu oil and it says to place the bottle under warm water for a few seconds for optimum results?? is this necessary. it also says massage into effected area. does this mean i should only use it on one spot. i thought this would act as moisturizer for my whole face..

interesting, I've never heard that about warming it up a bit .... can't hurt, but I don't really think you have to do that.

And you can use it on your whole face, definitely.

It just feels nice when it's slightly warm. You can definitely easily massage a few drops into your whole face. :) Feels magnificent, too. :) A little goes a long way so a few drops would easily massage and moisturize your whole face comfortably.

I use it primarily after a peel, or just when the cold weather had annoyed my skin. Now that warmer weather is here again, my skin is thrilled. :D

I used emu oil for 3 weeks and it didn't work out very well for me. It is a terrific moisturizer, definitely, but it worsened my acne too. My acne was somewhat stable after years of using differin, but when I started using emu oil, I noticed that my zits started occurring more frequently and with more inflammatory types. It did not reduce my redness as well. So I stopped using it after 3 weeks.

I hope you guys have better luck with it.

I used emu oil for 3 weeks and it didn't work out very well for me. It is a terrific moisturizer, definitely, but it worsened my acne too. My acne was somewhat stable after years of using differin, but when I started using emu oil, I noticed that my zits started occurring more frequently and with more inflammatory types. It did not reduce my redness as well. So I stopped using it after 3 weeks.

I hope you guys have better luck with it.

What brand of emu oil did you use I never had a problem considering it's non-comedogenic? The good stuff does not break you out.

I suggest using emu gold or the stuff at this website http://www.uniquelyemu.com/