Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hope2882

Derm Prescribed Doryx and Retin-A, what do you all think?

Ok so after pushing off going to the derm, I went today and she prescribed me Doryx 150 mg and Retin-A. And she also said to put on cetaphil moisturizer after the Doryx. And also that I should take Doryx every other day until my skin gets used to it, then switch to everyday.

I searched what you guys said about antibiotics and now I'm freaking out!!

so antibiotics will kill all of my good bacteria and I can get yeast infection or other illnesses because of my low immune system?

I don't want to risk my health because of acne, because I know it could be a lot worse and I could have worse conditions than this.

What do you guys think I should do??

Should I get a second opinion? Should I ask something that has no antibiotics but is a pill? is there a non-antibiotic pill that helps with acne? and no I will not try Accutane because of all the terrible side affects i am hearing about it.

What would you guys do? would you take it??? Should I??

also if I do take the doryx at night with the cetaphil, when am I supposed to put on the retin-A, in the morning? can I apply foundation over it?

If you continue to read about the boards you'll find many success stories from people who used antibiotics. I personally have no experience with them, but I did want to say that if you're worried about killing all your "good" bacteria, my mom always had me eat wheat germ while I was on antibiotics to prevent yeast infections. You could get some of that. Just make sure you store it in the fridge. (: