Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi.. I have been taking only vitamin c, vitamin d, and fish oil for a while and don't have a problem with acne but when I did I remember taking a multi-vitamin called AST but not sure if that was the cause or not.. ugh huge cyts on my neck!

Well I am back working out everyday and so far no issues but I just ordered a new multi-vitamin because I think I need it. I am hesitant to try it tho.. do any of these ingredients look potentially dangerous?

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value

Vitamin A (As CaroCare® Natural Mixed Carotenoids) 10,000IU 200%

Vitamin C (As Ascorbic Acid) 300mg 500%

Vitamin D (As Cholecalciferol) 300IU 75%

Vitamin E (As D-Alpha Tocopherol Succinate) 200IU 665%

Vitamin K (As Phytonadione) 75mcg 90%

Thiamin (As Thiamin Hydrochloride) 75mg 5,000%

Riboflavin 75mg 4,410%

Niacin (As Niacinamide) 75mg 375%

Vitamin B6 (As Pyridoxine Hydrochloride) 50mg 2,500%

Folic Acid 600mcg 150%

Vitamin B12 (As Cyanocobalamin) 100mcg 1665%

Biotin 300mcg 100%

Pantothenic Acid (As D-Calcium Pantothenate) 75mg 750%

Calcium (As Calcium Carbonate, Citrate) 200mg 20%

Iodine (As Kelp) 150mcg 100%

Magnesium (As Magnesium Oxide, Aspartate) 100mg 25%

Zinc (As Zinc Citrate) 30mg 200%

Selenium (As Selenomethionine) 200mcg 285%

Copper (As Copper Gluconate) 2mg 100%

Manganese (As Manganese Gluconate) 5mg 250%

Chromium (As Chromium GTF) 120mcg 100%

Molybdenum (As Molybdenum A.A. Chelate) 80mcg 110%

Amino Blend 800mg †

L-Arginine, L-Glutamine, L-Valine, L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Cystine, L-Lysine, L-Threonine

Viri Blend 525mg †

Saw Palmetto, Powdered (Berries), Damiana, Powdered (Leaf), Korean Ginseng, Powdered (Root), Pygeum Africanum, Powdered (Bark), Ginkgo Biloba, Powdered (Leaf), Raw Oyster Concentrate, Nettles, Powdered (Leaf), Pumpkin Seed

Phyto Blend 240mg †

Citrus Bioflavonoids (Fruit), Deodorized Garlic, Powdered (Bulb), Green Tea Powder, Grape Seed Extract (Vitis Vinifera)(Seed)(Standardized To 95% Polyphenols), Blueberry Powder, Cranberry Powder, Wild Yam Powder, Carrot Powder, Papaya Powder, Orange Fruit Powder, Pineapple Powder, Spinach Powder, Elderberry Fruit Powder, Kale Powder, Brussels Sprouts Powder, Broccoli Powder, Apple Fruit Powder, Kiwi Fruit Powder, Grapefruit Powder

Enzy Blend 50mg †

Papain, Bromelain, Alpha Amylase, Lipase

Alpha-Lipoic Acid 25mg †

PABA (Para-Aminobenzoic Acid) 10mg †

Choline (As Choline Bitartrate) 10mg †

Inositol 10mg †

Silica 5mg †

Boron 2mg †

Lycopene (As Lyc-O-Mato® Natura Tomato Lycopene) 500mcg †

Lutein 500mcg †

Alpha Carotene 500mcg †

Vanadium 100mcg †

Cryptoxanthin 100mcg †

Zeaxanthin 28mcg †

† Daily Value not established

Other Ingredients

Stearic Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Croscarmellose Sodium (Disintegrant), Microcrystalline Cellulose, Pharmaceutical Glaze

Allergen Information: Contains Shellfish (Oyster) Ingredients.

Let me know.. I appreciate it.

put that in the trash, its all useless.

As a matter of fact supplements are a very biased argument in and of themselves, which i just recently realized, are any supplements truly necessary at all??? Of course the fact that supplemtnts exist on the shelf is no proof of their necessity, and the bias comes from the people who are the in biZZZ of selling vitamins. There are a whole slew of people that will buy into these myths, and purchase yet another thing that is practically useless. I have been one of them i admit with humility and honesty.

These are useless because you can get most vitamins from food anyway, is pretty easy to accomplish which vitamin manufacters wont like to admit, plus when you get it from fruits and vegetables you are getting things that havent even been discovered yet.

If you want to get crazy healthy, go out and buy a juicer, even then perhaps messing with nature yet again will have dire consequences as we are all now learning.

Learn to live within balance with natures laws, this is the only true way to beat them. The smell of a banana is all the proof you need to know you are living withing this system that has been designed to support life systems.

Two possibilities that hit me--it has iodine in it, which some people believe flares their acne and it also contains shellfish, which is a known allergen.

I agree with the other posters, although I do think supplements can be useful in a lot of cases, for one example zinc is so low in vegetables these days cause if its not in the soil its not going to be in the vegetables. Of course completely depends where you live. Where I live the soil is very infertile, carrots don't even taste like carrots anymore, so I doubt very much my veg has all the nutrients I need sadly.

It seems like there is a HUGE amount of vits and mins in that as with most multivits, is it only a one a day pill? If you are going to take it I would suggest cutting it in half and having one half in the morning and one in the evening, cause other wise your body will just take what it needs in that one go and pee most of those vits away, so might be best to split it. I'm no expert, just what I've gathered.

Actually it has lots of good things that help acne provided you aren't allergic to any of them. What's it called? Is it in capsule form? How many per day?

I'd like an explanation for how they make all these fruit powders, but it looks like a good one to me with the A from carotenes and such. although 300 iu of D is no where near enough unless you get plenty of sun. My multi has 2,000.

And no, I don't think it's easy to get all the nutrients you need from food these days. Eat well, and take a multi.

Hi.. I have been taking only vitamin c, vitamin d, and fish oil for a while and don't have a problem with acne but when I did I remember taking a multi-vitamin called AST but not sure if that was the cause or not.. ugh huge cyts on my neck!

Well I am back working out everyday and so far no issues but I just ordered a new multi-vitamin because I think I need it. I am hesitant to try it tho.. do any of these ingredients look potentially dangerous?

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value

Vitamin A (As CaroCare® Natural Mixed Carotenoids) 10,000IU 200%

Vitamin C (As Ascorbic Acid) 300mg 500%

Vitamin D (As Cholecalciferol) 300IU 75%

Vitamin E (As D-Alpha Tocopherol Succinate) 200IU 665%

Vitamin K (As Phytonadione) 75mcg 90%

Thiamin (As Thiamin Hydrochloride) 75mg 5,000%

Riboflavin 75mg 4,410%

Niacin (As Niacinamide) 75mg 375%

Vitamin B6 (As Pyridoxine Hydrochloride) 50mg 2,500%

Folic Acid 600mcg 150%

Vitamin B12 (As Cyanocobalamin) 100mcg 1665%

Biotin 300mcg 100%

Pantothenic Acid (As D-Calcium Pantothenate) 75mg 750%

Calcium (As Calcium Carbonate, Citrate) 200mg 20%

Iodine (As Kelp) 150mcg 100%

Magnesium (As Magnesium Oxide, Aspartate) 100mg 25%

Zinc (As Zinc Citrate) 30mg 200%

Selenium (As Selenomethionine) 200mcg 285%

Copper (As Copper Gluconate) 2mg 100%

Manganese (As Manganese Gluconate) 5mg 250%

Chromium (As Chromium GTF) 120mcg 100%

Molybdenum (As Molybdenum A.A. Chelate) 80mcg 110%

Amino Blend 800mg â€

L-Arginine, L-Glutamine, L-Valine, L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Cystine, L-Lysine, L-Threonine

Viri Blend 525mg â€

Saw Palmetto, Powdered (Berries), Damiana, Powdered (Leaf), Korean Ginseng, Powdered (Root), Pygeum Africanum, Powdered (Bark), Ginkgo Biloba, Powdered (Leaf), Raw Oyster Concentrate, Nettles, Powdered (Leaf), Pumpkin Seed

Phyto Blend 240mg â€

Citrus Bioflavonoids (Fruit), Deodorized Garlic, Powdered (Bulb), Green Tea Powder, Grape Seed Extract (Vitis Vinifera)(Seed)(Standardized To 95% Polyphenols), Blueberry Powder, Cranberry Powder, Wild Yam Powder, Carrot Powder, Papaya Powder, Orange Fruit Powder, Pineapple Powder, Spinach Powder, Elderberry Fruit Powder, Kale Powder, Brussels Sprouts Powder, Broccoli Powder, Apple Fruit Powder, Kiwi Fruit Powder, Grapefruit Powder

Enzy Blend 50mg â€

Papain, Bromelain, Alpha Amylase, Lipase

Alpha-Lipoic Acid 25mg â€

PABA (Para-Aminobenzoic Acid) 10mg â€

Choline (As Choline Bitartrate) 10mg â€

Inositol 10mg â€

Silica 5mg â€

Boron 2mg â€

Lycopene (As Lyc-O-Mato® Natura Tomato Lycopene) 500mcg â€

Lutein 500mcg â€

Alpha Carotene 500mcg â€

Vanadium 100mcg â€

Cryptoxanthin 100mcg â€

Zeaxanthin 28mcg â€

†Daily Value not established

Other Ingredients

Stearic Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Croscarmellose Sodium (Disintegrant), Microcrystalline Cellulose, Pharmaceutical Glaze

Allergen Information: Contains Shellfish (Oyster) Ingredients.

Let me know.. I appreciate it.

Is everyone else retarded? My hubby was a nutrition major, who took a few 3 credit courses on vitamins, and we have concluded that this sounds like a fantastic vitamin.

It has saw pometto which balances hormones and is a powerful anti-androgen - VERY GOOD FOR SKIN. Regarding the possible shellfish concern - unless you have an allergy to shellfish, you should be fine. The people who believe that zinc cures their acne would love this vitamin because it has zinc, AND oyster ingredients - out of any food you could consume on the planet - oysters have the highest levels of zinc in them. Judging by the ingredients, you must have paid a premium for these vites. Whoever said to throw them in the garbage obviously has no knowledge of the ingredients. Don't assume that your vitamin is the reason you get a few zits. DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT throw out these vitamins.

Also, somebody mentioned the iodine level - this is WAYYYYYYYY within safe levels of iodine. Everyone needs iodine, but not an overdosage of it. It has the recommended daily amount of iodine, so it's fine.

Seriously, if anything, these vitamins should really help your skin. I'd would 150% recommend sticking with them for a month to see if they improve your skin.