Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RahGoAwayAcne

Coming off Lymecycline

I had moderate acne which has pretty much gone since taking Lymecycline every day for a year and a half, however I've still got a lot of non-inflamed acne.

I stopped taking them a week ago to see how my skin reacts, from what I can tell it hasn't gone noticeably worse. Do you think I should continue without taking them, or possibly keep taking one irregularly?

I had moderate acne which has pretty much gone since taking Lymecycline every day for a year and a half, however I've still got a lot of non-inflamed acne.

I stopped taking them a week ago to see how my skin reacts, from what I can tell it hasn't gone noticeably worse. Do you think I should continue without taking them, or possibly keep taking one irregularly?

Hi

I was on lymecycline for nearly two years and it worked fine. However, like you I decided to come off of it and reduced to taking it intermittently. I then stopped completely and the acne came back. I was then put back on the lymecycline but after 4 months - no effect. I believe that I developed resistance to it probably because I used it irregularly for so long.

It is likely that your acne will return so I would speak to your doctor first about coming off of it and the best way to do so to avoid building up resistance to it.

dizzyblonde