Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ferny

Crap! How do you heal a big sore?!

Hey guys, I need help... I had a few tiny pimples this month, and attempted squeezing one...but bruised and damaged the surrounding area really bad. I haven't had to do this in a while so underestimated the aftermath a lot! Not only is the area red and damaged but its wet and peeling at the edges like a wound..It'll heal eventually but i need something to help it along the way and ease the redness. It wont cover with make-up and looks gross. I live in the UK, any suggestions? Maybe an aloe vera plant? I have ACV but its too early/sore to use on it.

:(

post-73233-1240494112_thumb.jpg

post-73233-1240494112_thumb.jpg

I've used a bit of TCP ointment but that felt a bit tingly. So i'm using a bit of Skin Nanny moisturiser from Lush, its so thick..practically like vaseline..it feels quite nice but damn its still so reddd :(

I JUST went through the same thing. Except I unfortunately had two spots right next to each other. It was so frustrating, because they turned into really flakey scabs that I seriously thought were never going to go away! It took about 5 days for the scabs to come off... the spots are a little dry now, but nothing like it was. What I did was put neosporin on it with a bandaid at night, and during the day I used a really thick creme lotion (Eucerin). I tried putting make-up over it one day & it didn't cover it at all, so I just had to say screw it and not wear make-up on that spot. Hope this helps and good luck! :)

thanks guys for your tips!

This morning i woke up and it felt v.dry so i put some more Skin Nanny on it to hydrate it.. then later it went a bit 'too' soft, y'know when a scab goes all yellowy (sorry, that sounds gross!) anyway that came off and now its a lot flatter and a deep pink rather than red. i've stuck some tcp ointment on so it'll be protected. I have a few mini cases of this on my chin too, ugh. Can you get neosporin in the UK then? and what type of bandaid do you recommend? we call 'em plasters here and theres a few different types :P

I'm dealing w/ the same thing... but for me it was a deep nodule thing that I already knew wasn't meant to be popped or proded yet I did it anyway. What an intelligent thing I am. :D, anyway, right now it looks disgusting and very red, I put neosporin on it last night and did so again this morning. Idk what else to do. A bandaid would be helpful I'm sure but I have no circular little bandaids and I'm not into the idea of a huge bandaid being on my face all day.

You can also use Bacitracin or any garden variety of antibiotic ointment.

Oh...you can take anti-inflammatories (NSAIDs) like ibuprophen (Motrin/Advil) or naproxen (Aleve) to decrease redness, too.

i'm a fan of bandaides made out of "clothy" material rather that straight plastic. i use woven "clothy" circle bandaides to minimize the amount of skin covered by the bandaide. and i feel like my skin breathes better under the clothy kind vs under the plastic kind.

yeh i've been trying to track a plant down!

since i posted this its been healing up steadily, using ACV toner after washing my face, Skin Nanny cream or TCP ointment and 2 nights with breathable bandaids. i'll put a picture up in the morning!

phew!