Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
newlife23

excision( i thought it was a success but it wasnt) PLEASE READ :(

GOOD DAY guys... i just had excision with my 5 big scars.... i had a 12 mm scars excised and it healed ok, just like a line scar,,, the other one healed ok too but it is not leveled with the skin it is somehow elevated.. the other one made my scar worst :( the other one developed a small hole in the middle of the line but it is not as deep as it was before,, the other one didnt heal well it's like the two ends of the skin didnt reach each other,, how sad, it looks good at first because of the swelling, im very disappointed now..

im really depress,, im gonna visit my doctor tomorrow and tell him what happened to me and see it for himself,,

im really sad.. i think im going to have it re-excised,,,

i always believe that without these scars i could have looked better

i miss my scar-free days where i met a lot of new people , date people , party all night but now it's all gone

im really depress to the point im thinking to commit suicide.. it's been running through my mind.. i dont wanna blame GOD coz i love him but why are these things happening to me.. because of these scars i missed a lot of opportunities,, i wasnt able to continue the modeling stuff which really depressed me:( i really want to disappear like a bubble.. why is this happening to me.. whenever i look at my siblings friends with clear skin i really get envy of them... why did this thing happen to me... i was hoping i could turn back time and re-do all the things i made.

i want to die but i dont have the strength to do it... i am hoping to get hit by a car or stuff like that

IM REALLY HOPING THAT MY DOCTOR CAN DO SOMETHING WITH THIS EXCISION...

i dont want to admit but i think it made some of my scar to look worst except for that 12 mm scar which turned out to be a deep line ..

is there hope for me:( ?

Hey, newlife23.

I am very sorry to hear that you are having a very hard time coping with scarring, but please check with a counselor on this issue. I strongly encourage you to seek a professional assistance if you're feeling suicidal or having thoughts of killing yourself.

Information about professional assistance can be found here:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/resources...lai-t16184.html

It's good that you're going to talk to your doctor tomorrow. Please take some time to address your emotional state with him/her as well as the skin issues you're having.

And yes, there is always hope.

Please stay strong and keep your chin up. There's so much more to life than the way we look.

(Also, I've moved this thread to the Scar Treatments forum, where you might be able to get more advice on how to proceed with treating your scarring--good luck!)

Hey, newlife23.

I am very sorry to hear that you are having a very hard time coping with scarring, but please check with a counselor on this issue. I strongly encourage you to seek a professional assistance if you're feeling suicidal or having thoughts of killing yourself.

Information about professional assistance can be found here:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/resources...lai-t16184.html

It's good that you're going to talk to your doctor tomorrow. Please take some time to address your emotional state with him/her as well as the skin issues you're having.

And yes, there is always hope.

Please stay strong and keep your chin up. There's so much more to life than the way we look.

(Also, I've moved this thread to the Scar Treatments forum, where you might be able to get more advice on how to proceed with treating your scarring--good luck!)

thank you so much im really down right now... i've missed lots of opportunities in life because of this,,, i was about to become a model but because of this scarring i wasnt able to..... i hope my doctor can do something with this

before going to ANY plastic surgeon u should show him ur scars and ask first "have you treated these type of scarring b4".... if he says no then u know not to go... ONLY go to somone whos treated successfully for your type of scarring.... i spent thousands of pounds on people who claimed i had nothing and they could make my scars better but when asked if they treated my scarring "chickenpox " scars... they said no..... every scar is different and any doc that has had success with that type is the one to trust..... even if they are reputable it doesnt mean anything.... in this day and age people are obsessed with dermatology and even the bogus docs are called reputable... because theres a huge demand

GOOD DAY guys... i just had excision with my 5 big scars.... i had a 12 mm scars excised and it healed ok, just like a line scar,,, the other one healed ok too but it is not leveled with the skin it is somehow elevated.. the other one made my scar worst :( the other one developed a small hole in the middle of the line but it is not as deep as it was before,, the other one didnt heal well it's like the two ends of the skin didnt reach each other,, how sad, it looks good at first because of the swelling, im very disappointed now..

im really depress,, im gonna visit my doctor tomorrow and tell him what happened to me and see it for himself,,

im really sad.. i think im going to have it re-excised,,,

i always believe that without these scars i could have looked better

i miss my scar-free days where i met a lot of new people , date people , party all night but now it's all gone

im really depress to the point im thinking to commit suicide.. it's been running through my mind.. i dont wanna blame GOD coz i love him but why are these things happening to me.. because of these scars i missed a lot of opportunities,, i wasnt able to continue the modeling stuff which really depressed me:( i really want to disappear like a bubble.. why is this happening to me.. whenever i look at my siblings friends with clear skin i really get envy of them... why did this thing happen to me... i was hoping i could turn back time and re-do all the things i made.

i want to die but i dont have the strength to do it... i am hoping to get hit by a car or stuff like that

IM REALLY HOPING THAT MY DOCTOR CAN DO SOMETHING WITH THIS EXCISION...

i dont want to admit but i think it made some of my scar to look worst except for that 12 mm scar which turned out to be a deep line ..

is there hope for me:( ?

Newlife123:

Thanks for being so gut honest with how you're feeling and having the courage to share with the rest of us.

Is there hope for you? Yes, ABSOLUTELY.

I think that you do need to go back and talk with your doctor. I would, however, encourage you to find another plastic surgeon who has performed this type of surgery successfully and get his/her assessment of your scars.

It sounds as if it is early in the healing process since you just had the surgery. Don't jump to too many conclusions quite yet until you speak with your doctor and give your skin some time to begin healing.

I'm glad that you have a relationship with God. He loves you and wants the best for your life.

Hopefully, you'll get things worked out and your scars dealt with to your liking.

Don't give up. You've been given unique gifts and abilities and a mission in this life that only you can perform.

This is a difficult time for you and keep reaching out to others. When I go through difficult things, I always remind myself that "this, too, shall pass." Keep reaching out.

Matt

I had the same thing happen to me man, Hang in there. As time will pass the redness will go away. The best thing you can do right now is heal. Its going to take time to get over the depression so don't think about a quick fix.

guys i think i did jump into a conclusion.. i talked to my doctor and he said my skin is just starting to heal... well i think im gonna go for a second opinion... thanks mr. matt and deadliest catch.. the thing is that 12 mm scar is now gone just like a thin line which makes me feel happy :)

you know what,, im really having a hard time now :( my problems are all piled up... i just miss my scar-free days :( where i go to bars, date people, meet new people, indulge with the crowds :( but now my social life has ended! i barely talk to my bestfriends, i never go out anymore :(

ok guys i got a confession to make.. im a discreet gay :( which adds up to my problem.. i had a bf last january and he was aware on how i feel about my acne scars. he was very supportive of me and he kept on telling me that i do look good because my scars are just located on the temple part of my face and few on my chicks which are not that noticeable....

i thought god gave him to me to lighten my feeling of depression but after sometime everything changes,, he started to be cold on me and we broke up coz he found this new guy.. a clear-skinned guy..

i have a good facial structure and a height and body of a model here in my country so i was about to become one until i had this acne break-out which caused me acne scarring!!

i blame acne scars for all my misfortunes in life....

im feeling to commit suicide now :( whats the point of living when your not living at all....

i just want to be normal again, back to my old life.....

how depressing that this scarring took my life away.. i feel dead inside

is it a regular excison or a excision graft? i thought grafts were better for deep scars. so if you do a re-excision you should do grafts

is it a regular excison or a excision graft? i thought grafts were better for deep scars. so if you do a re-excision you should do grafts

regular excision

newlife what kinda of scars u got.

plz chekout my pics and help me figure out how to f**k those goddamn scars.