Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
badskin

what should I do?

I have read the TCA messages over the last few months, I keep going back and reviewing them and I think that this TCA cross is my only hope. I was going to post a pic but I look so bad I dont want to show it. I tried needling on one scar and it made it worse, I use glycolic acid peels,I even tried the "cross" method using glycolic acid thought that it was milder and would maybe get some improvment but nothing. Does the TCA cross truely work? I am an RN and I am confident that I would follow the directions to the letter. But there is always a chance that I could end up looking worse. I'm very hesitant and would appreciate any feed back, I feel like this is my only hope but I would only take this one scar at a time which if it worked would take me till im 70 to look half normal. Someone please give me their honest account of this stuff. I'm at the end of my rope with my appearance. I need a face transplant!!

I have read the TCA messages over the last few months, I keep going back and reviewing them and I think that this TCA cross is my only hope. I was going to post a pic but I look so bad I dont want to show it. I tried needling on one scar and it made it worse, I use glycolic acid peels,I even tried the "cross" method using glycolic acid thought that it was milder and would maybe get some improvment but nothing. Does the TCA cross truely work? I am an RN and I am confident that I would follow the directions to the letter. But there is always a chance that I could end up looking worse. I'm very hesitant and would appreciate any feed back, I feel like this is my only hope but I would only take this one scar at a time which if it worked would take me till im 70 to look half normal. Someone please give me their honest account of this stuff. I'm at the end of my rope with my appearance. I need a face transplant!!

I did read the thread all 76 pages of it... so excuse me if I dont remember every word posted.. it seems that whenever somene asks a question about TCA cross you are quick to assume they didnt read the threads...like I said I have taken a few months to read the ENTIRE thread. But thank you for your reply.

The TCA thread it A LOT to digest! The 100% TCA is said to get better results than even the lower concentration TCA. Glycolic won't cause the same response in collagen regeneration. That is what you are trying to acheive. That is going to raise the indents. Is that what you are treating? (I'm not sure you specified in your post what type of scars you are treating?)

The treatment of one scar at a time is a viable method, I think. You could just keep it going; maybe treat one every few days. I have done several at one time and looked like I had a case of the measles when the scabs all appeared at the same time. Big deal to have a couple of scabs--there is always something going on on my face whether I am doing cross or not! The real trick is to be patient. It takes months to see the indents rise. And as you know, it looks worse at first, so don't freak out!

Good Luck! biggrin.gif

I did read the thread all 76 pages of it... so excuse me if I dont remember every word posted.. it seems that whenever somene asks a question about TCA cross you are quick to assume they didnt read the threads...like I said I have taken a few months to read the ENTIRE thread. But thank you for your reply.

In his/her/everyone's defense:

I wonder why I'd think you didn't really read it?  :blink:

I read that glycolic acid burned Maya's face and she used 10%. I am not Maya and I used 40% glycolic acid and it did Not burn my face. I did not ask where to purchase it I read the e-mail address on the thread. I do not have an issue with you trying to get people to do their research but I do have an issue when you assume I didnt read the thread when I specifically said that I did.

thank you JC, I am an educated woman I have done my research, but there might be something out there that I missed so thats whay I posted. I getting close to taking the next step with this pocedure and thought I would ask for opinions one last time before trying it, just to make sure I didnt miss anything.. Thanks again.

trieditall thanks for your reply. I know there is that dreaded "ugly phase", and yes I have indented/icepick scars. It seems like everyone who tried this has had some improvement I'm really leaning towards this. Someone suggested a FAQ site for this method, but I have not seen it. Did I miss it or does it not exist..if it doesn't it shoud..it would really be a big help. Thanks again

I read that glycolic acid burned Maya's face and she used 10%. I am not Maya and I used 40% glycolic acid and it did Not burn my face. I did not ask where to purchase it I read the e-mail address on the thread. I do not have an issue with you trying to get people to do their research but I do have an issue when you assume I didnt read the thread when I specifically said that I did.

Can I use TCA cross for orange pee effect skin? I have tried undiluted ACV but did not seem to work.

Hi Badskin, Let me explain briefly the differences between Glycolic an TCA. Even though all Glyclolics are superficial peels which really only treat the top layers of your skin they can be very harsh and it is very easy to burn yourself with them. They don't work for the cross technique becuause it does not penetrate deeply enough to cause collagen growth but they are harsh enough to cause a superficial burn which in turn can cause scarring or hyperpigmentation especially on darker skin tones. TCA is a very different type of acid that penetrates much more deeply it is also a self neutralizing acid unlike glycolic acid which always needs to be neutralized. I still recommend neutralizing even TCA to be sure all action of the acid has stopped. Needling can help greatly but you must give it a chance to heal, sometimes the scars can look a bit worse immediately after, but the rednes does fade and sometimes it does take more than one treatment. Imbue should be a bit more patient with EVERYONE !! Most people are on this board for support not to be chastised for not reading every link thoroughly !

After do a google search about orange peel skin, I don't know if I have one. I have very large pores and they all connected together. They are so large, everytime lotion/cream or powder will be be contained inside. Is it called orange pell or scars? They are so many and all connected together.

Richard , thank you for your reply. I know alot of people ask the same questions over and over on this board and that can be frustrating so I guess Imbue thought I was one of those people. I am just trying to gather as much insight as I can before proceeding with this method. I don't think needling is for me and like I said the gycolic acid did not work ( I guess that was my own lack of knowledge) So I'm trying to be sure of this TCA, it's a little scary and I am trying to be as thorough as possible. Thanks again for the reply.

I agree with RichardSkin that Imbue should be more patient with people on this board. Geez, who made him the acne.org police??? <_<

Toks...for orange peel skin, the ACV should work, but it takes a long time (from what I've heard). Up to and around 6 months! I haven't even been on this board for that long. shock.gif

Badskin...don't worry, I hear where you're coming from. When I first joined this board, I annoyed the hell out of everyone too. You can even check my message history to see my very first posts. I was SO oblivious to things, even after reading through threads that are 60+ pages long. I got beat up by a lot of veteran posters. user posted image

But times have changed. Muahhahahahaa... user posted image

I agree with RichardSkin that Imbue should be more patient with people on this board.  Geez, who made him the acne.org police???  <_<

Toks...for orange peel skin, the ACV should work, but it takes a long time (from what I've heard).  Up to and around 6 months!  I haven't even been on this board for that long.  shock.gif

Badskin...don't worry, I hear where you're coming from.  When I first joined this board, I annoyed the hell out of everyone too.  You can even check my message history to see my very first posts.  I was SO oblivious to things, even after reading through threads that are 60+ pages long.  I got beat up by a lot of veteran posters.  user posted image

But times have changed.  Muahhahahahaa...  user posted image

I am interested to know what kind of nursing Imbue does. He/ she seems very antagonistic, most health care professional ( that I know) are more compassionate/understanding and most of all patient.

I am interested to know what kind of nursing Imbue does.  He/ she seems very antagonistic, most health care professional ( that I know) are more compassionate/understanding and most of all patient.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Everybody tries to help out in their different way and sometimes even with the supposedly 'best' intention to assist others we may have accidentally said things that may come across as rude or very likely everybody here has their own style of communicating as well as standard of what's considered to be rude or not.

In any case- I'm sure it was all a case of misunderstanding. I'm just a junior mod here, so I don't wanna sound preachy or anything- just try to keep the peace and hope that everybody can help each other out.

Thanks guys in advance for getting back to topic.

Sincerely.

Obi

Imbue, although I respect Maya's input I do not consider her the "God" of skin care. If you read my post I did not ask if glycolic acid worked liked TCA cross I simply stated that it was something I tried and failed. And you still did not answer my question as to what kind of nursing you do? Is it in dermatology? And the name calling really uncalled for. I was just looking for some support, and I think that you probablly should not have replied if you are just going to insult me. and as far as my nursing skills go I am a very good nurse. I work in a surgical intensive care unit and in hyperbaric/wound care, so as you can see I am a very educated woman and that is excatly the reason I am here is to eduated myself on this subject. I certainly did not expect to come here and be put down for asking a question. But I do thank you for your time.

There is a woman on YTF forum who says she gets good results using 80-100% salicylate acid with the cross method. She says its less risky because she's never scarred from the s.a but has with TCA.

Toks....doh! :doh: I might've gotten the ACV treatment mixed up with 'rolling' scars. Thanks JLP!

YTF forum? Not sure what that is but would like to read more about it. Can you direct me? Thanks