Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
James Crute

Mistake with first time using regimen

So, I've been using a Benzoyl Peroxide for a while, I've recently used 2 months of Proactiv and 1 month of Natures Cure.

I just got my acne.org regimen in today, and I just got done using it for the first time about 2 hours ago, and my face is very red and is burning. I used the full two pumps, which I guess was a dumb decision. I thought my face would be used to this stuff by now.

I have an old neutrogina toner in my cabinet, I wanted to know if I could use that or more moisturizer to try and get this redness to go away. I don't want to walk around with a sunburn face haha.

Your face is already irritated. Adding in more products will do more harm than good.

If your face is really irritated, stop using any products on your face for a few days and give your skin a chance to recover before trying to start The Regimen again with the starting dose (a quarter to a half of a pump).

If you think you can handle it, you could try just continuing, but with the proper dose.

I don't know how irritated your skin is, so you're going to have to decide which is the better option.

Its been about another hour or so, the redness went away a little bit but there was a few blotches, than I took a shower now, its not very red or feeling burning anymore...

Should I keep going with the 2 pumps or go down to 1? or a half?

Its been about another hour or so, the redness went away a little bit but there was a few blotches, than I took a shower now, its not very red or feeling burning anymore...

Should I keep going with the 2 pumps or go down to 1? or a half?

Start out with about half a pump. Then, in a week or so, move up to a full pump. Then a week or so after that, a pump and a half, and a week or so after that, you can move up to the full two pumps.

If you try to rush it, you'll just irritate your face and set yourself back.

Read over the What To Expect section, the FAQs, and the Biggest Mistakes section.

I've used BP more than anything else throughout my years and also thought I'd be able to get away with using a liberal amount of Dan's BP once I started the Regimen. Boy was I wrong. I can't even using 1 full pump without experiencing negative effects after 1 week. 3/4's or less is all it takes for me to stay mostly clear and avoid the side effects. I know 2 pumps is recommended for this Regimen, but you've seriously gotta forget about that and use an amount that's right for your skin. It took me a few do-overs to finally realize this when I first tried the Regimen.