Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyber

Differin + Minocycline

Has anybody been on this regimen? Differini before bedtime and 100mg of minocycline each day.

How were the results?

I used to do Differin once at bedtime and clindamycin topical solution once in the A.M and Minocycline 100mg 2x daily. Yes is worked I suppose, but I always seem to have a few little ones going on time to time. pretty effective though yes!! two thumbs on this treatment from a hardcore case. biggrin.gif

minocycline made me look worse...i cant remember how my skin reacted with i was taking differin, i used it years ago

I was on differingel (at night) + 100 mg minocycline (2x a day) for about 6 months and was about 90% clear during those months, but then I became resistant to the minocycline and my derm switched me to retin-a thinking that would help but the combination just made everything worse, now I have 2x as worse acne as then...

I was put on minocycline and Differin about a year and a half ago. At the time I had a bad break out, and it helped a lot with that BUT my acne came back when the bacteria got resistant. Also minocycline is bad for your liver (which is why you will have blood tests while on it) and may therefore cause your acne to stay with you for longer in years to come.

whooo thank god I always threw those prescriptions away. I will never take those disgusting antibiotics I beleive in herbs.

Don't destroy your body by taking minocycline....like a couple of people already said, it'll make your acne come back a lot worse.

My derm had me on differin, too. I would put it one at night after washing my face. Like everything else he gave me, would work a bit, but breakouts would still happen.

Would taking minocycline for 6 weeks be long enough for the bacteria to become resistant to it?

Cuz my derm only put me on it for 6 weeks.

was okay i suppose, not the best

plus 2 months afta i finished the treatment the acne al came back and it was worse than b4