Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LetThemEatCake

Was there ever a product that caused your skin to become worse and stayed that way

My Mom can be so cheap at times...ugh...she thinks that just because something is cheap, she thinks it would work just as well as something else that is more expensive and perhaps worth it. Last year, she bought me the Olay Duo Cleanser and I thought, "Okay, maybe it might work just as well as the Neutrogena cleanser that I used before."

I used the Olay Cleanser for about a year...and my breakouts increased. Since I never really had bad breakouts or at least moderate breakouts, I was not used to getting more pimples, especially in places that I have never had them before, such as my face. This led me to popping them. The result? A couple of pimple scars on each cheek. Fantastic.

As of now, I am using the Neutrogena Acne Stress Control Powerfoam cleanser. It made my skin feel really nice and soft (much nicer than that crappy Olay one) and my pimples were softer and went away faster (before I had hard pimples).

Have you guys ever been a situation similar to mine?

Yea.. when I first started getting acne when I was 10 (3 years ago) my mom got me that stupid Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Cleanser. The orange one that came in a bottle. Before that I was using pears soap bar, and I only had about 1 white head on my nose. So after using the Neutrogena crap for 2 weeks my face broke out incredibly. I had a lot of blackheads on my forehead and 3 pimples on my chin. There were also a lot of blackheads on my nose. I got all that acne in about 2 days. And my skin wasn't extra oily. I wouldn't get that much acne normally, in 2 days when I was that young and had only gotten one pimple before.

I know I shouldn't, but I kinda blame the Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Cleanser for all the acne I've had for 3 years. That product is something I'll never buy again, and I tell my friends to not use it either.

Although some other Neutrogena products worked for me (like there cream mask thing worked for me for a while and dried up most of my whiteheads in about 2 days) I'll never go back to that product ever again...