Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vananners

Good Moisturizer to use for REALLY dry skin while on the regimen?

I've been on the regimen now for about 3 weeks. And while my face is definitely clearing up, it is SO dry! I've been moisturizing with CeraVe twice a day but it's just not cutting it. I've also tried jojoba oil but that doesn't seem to help at all. Does anyone know of a good thick moisturizer that will not clog pores? I'm sick of having dry, crepey skin! But at least it's clearing up, I guess! Help?!

I recently switched to Cetaphil. Works like a charm for me. I also switched to Cetaphil's Gentle Cleanser and that's helped a ton too. You might consider these products. I'd also consider dropping the amount of BP you're using. I'm able to use 3/4's of a pump or even less to stay mostly clear, which is far less from the recommended 2 pumps.

Eucerin q10 Anti Wrinkle Sensitive Skin Creme, not the lotion. This moisturizer is great, very thick but causes no breakouts or clogged pores. Even more than this I love pure unrefined shea butter because of the fact it has no chemicals or added ingredients. A lot of moisturizers say non comedogenic but actually do contain comedogenic ingredients. You can find a list of them online, I checked the entire list of the Eucerin one and it has NO ingredients that are comedogenic. Shea butter also is not comedogenic but only if it is pure, unrefined. The refined shea butter does NOT have the same benefits as unrefined and has added ingredients.

Thanks, everyone! When you recommend Cetaphil are you recommending the lotion or the cream?

I will also look into the Eucerin cream because it can't hurt to have some anti-agers in my moisturizer, especially since the BP makes my skin look older since it's so dried out.

Thanks, everyone! When you recommend Cetaphil are you recommending the lotion or the cream?

I will also look into the Eucerin cream because it can't hurt to have some anti-agers in my moisturizer, especially since the BP makes my skin look older since it's so dried out.

The Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion. I've never used the cream, but I hear good things about it too.