Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CalmCoolShot

Thinking about 2nd course for mild body acne

When I first took accutane, I had acne everywhere. Face, chest, back, shoulders, etc. After my course my face remained clear and my body acne continued to improve -- including red marks disappearing. But I still get spots on my shoulders/upper chest area. Not nearly as bad as before, but still a pain for sure.

I've been washing with BP 10% soap for a couple months and that has helped somewhat, but it's not getting rid of spots completely -- not that I thought it would anyway. Accutane has been the only truly successful treatment for me.

What does everybody think? Maybe a low-dose course? For anybody that has been on a 2nd course after waiting awhile -- are initial breakouts possible again?

Thanks a bunch.

Hey im the same boat as you, my acne has come back nowhere near as bad but doesnt seem to wanna go away without the use of accutane! However my doctors making me try one more course of antibiotics first. Which is annoying.