Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

It's going to vary individually but I'd recommend whole, natural sources of carbohydrates over anything else; vegetables, fruits, starchy root vegetables -if you want to do bread I'd highly recommend either a sprouted or traditional sourdough variety over anything else.

I've been trying to not eat anything containing high amounts of carbs. I feel like dieing, so tried all the time. I can't even eat potatoes? Come on :D

I've noticed many people have their limits in terms of how many carbohydrates one can tolerate before signs of acne start appearing on the skin. A total daily glycemic load number has been most beneficial as it can indicate at exactly which point your skin starts to produce more sebum and acne starts to appear. For me i can go a daily glycemic load of 95 before i start to get acne.

The types of carbs are irrelevant for example i could have roughly 130grams of carbs coming from rice with a daily GL of 95, and any further carbs i eat after that in a given day will cause breakouts. By the same token i could have about 350grams of carbs from lentils giving a daily GL of 95 before i start to get breakouts. The Glycemic 'Load' formula although far from perfect does give me a good ball park figure of the point at which my acne begins.

welll, i suppose that depends on what your acne is from. which you probably dont know yet. if its just an allergy to grains or dairy well then you can eat fruits and veggies... however if you are like me and your acne is from candida you wont be able to eat anything that is a carbohydrate...lol. sorry i know thats brutal to hear i hope your acne is not from that.

the simplest way to find out would be to eat only things that dont break you out for a week (for me that is meat and animal fats) or so until you clear and then add one group of foods in at a time for a week to observe- fruit-dairy-grains etc. start with what you know wont break you out.

goodluck

I don't believe in candida causing acne. Meat also turns into sugar over time. is it causing candida too? Are you going to fast for a month?

I don't believe in candida causing acne. Meat also turns into sugar over time. is it causing candida too? Are you going to fast for a month?

Candidia can cause acne if it is over grown to the point where the liver cant handle the extra burden.

How does meat turn to sugar? It raises insulin and can be used as energy by glucogenesis when needed, but the sugar part I dont even see happening. The problem with excess meat is it tends to slow the bowels down too much and without fiber tends to rot in the bowels leading to a toxic bowel. I dont eat much meat myself as you can get plently elswhere, much better quality that will pack on more muscle too.