Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have/had mild acne and I strongly believe it has something to do with diet no matter what my doctor tried to tell me, so i kept a food diary for a few days so if i woke up with spots one day i could look back and see the likely trigger. With some trial and error i found my triggers - chocolate:( (i would eat loads of the stuff), bananas, eggs and anything containing eggs, yogurt and smoking more than 2 rollies a day, i've noticed that strong tobacco like drum is particualy bad and it might take just half a rollie for me to get a spot) also perhaps to much caffine but i'm not sure bout that one. I've been avoiding all these things and i haven't had an inflamed spot in days and i'm using a vitamin k cream to clear up my scars, even mild acne has left it's mark on me. I really hope i stay clear and suggest it might be worth keeping a food diary to identify your triggers.

I still havent had an inflamed spot, not one! Where as before I would wake up everyday feel my face and feel the new spots that had come up overnight, now I feel my face in a morning and nothing! This is fantastic, I still have my hormonal un-inflamed acne which I've had since I was 12 but I can live with that, it's the inflamed spots that get me down. Try it guys!

I think everyone has different triggers. I find food makes no difference to my acne. There are only two things I can drink that make my acne worse: caffeine and alcohol. Caffeine makes me look like a vampire - makes my skin disgusting, and my eyes red. Alcohol gives me a breakout after about 3 days of a night out.

I lived with a guy at uni who would avoid fast food because he swore whenever he ate a McDonalds or something he'd wake up with new spots. Whereas for me it doesn't make a difference.

When my acne used to be pretty bad, before accutane, I went about 6 months pretty much eating nothing but raw veg and brown bread, because I was so scared if I ate anything else I would break out. Didn't make a difference to my acne and by the end of it I looked anorexic. So I just started not caring what I ate (although I do try to eat healthily just because it's good lol).

I eat and drink whatever I want, whenever I want to, and I'm pretty much all clear thanks to BP. I also smoke weed.