Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
geo c

Still breaking out after 6 months

Hi I have been on roaccutane nearly 6 months now, next derm appointment is 1 week away.

I am still breaking out, in the last few days I have had 6 new pimples come not massive by anymeans, couple on back, and rest around hairline on forehead.

When I went on this journey the way my derm put it by the end of 6 months I would have no spots at all so now I am very worried.

Also I use moisturiser but I am so damn itchy is this common is there anymore I can do.

2 months 40 mg per day

4 months 60 mg per day

My weight is 75-80 kg

I was in a similar boat as you. While most of my acne was suppressed by month 6, I still wanted to see more improvement. The minute I stopped washing my face, using only water and not moisturizing, my face completely cleared up. I'm not advocating this at all, but just sharing my experience. Also I noticed if I only used water,my face was not overly dry. Everyone is different though. Good luck!

yep, im in my sixth month now and I am still breaking out. my arms and legs are super dry, but my face isn't at all! I have not used moisturizer once and still use the same acne wash on my face that I used before accutane. It is soo frustrating because I thought I would have been clear months ago!

yep, im in my sixth month now and I am still breaking out. my arms and legs are super dry, but my face isn't at all! I have not used moisturizer once and still use the same acne wash on my face that I used before accutane. It is soo frustrating because I thought I would have been clear months ago!

How did things turn out for either of you? I've just finished a 7 month course and am still breaking out so I'm in a similar boat and curious how things turned out for you.

-Scott

If any of you are still around the board, how did things turn out for you? How many months did you end up taking Accutane for? Did you clear up during your course or afterwards? I finished my 7 month course one week ago and I'm still breaking out :(