Notifications
Clear all

Does Mederma gel work for scars?

MemberMember
(@hopeless1)

Posted : 04/22/2009 5:34 am

if you have any input and personal experiences using Mederma gel for scarring, or something else PLEASE HELP!

I want to try it because i realized that i do have several breakouts but there's really more very red post breakout marks that are making it look much worse that it is, they look slightly raised and they are not indented scars,

The most important thing is if i use it for fading, will it cause me to have more breakouts? Because then i definently don't want to try it

i just want good skin =(...

MemberMember
(@negative-creep)

Posted : 04/22/2009 12:57 pm

in my experience, mederma does nothing for indents and real red marks but helps everything else....i tried putting mederma gel on red marks/bumps and it either did nothing or made the area more red...but if the redness is gone then it can do wonders for raised skin and dark marks

i use to have bad red marks and some of them were bumps and they eventually went away but some took over a year but they did go away

MemberMember
(@hopeless1)

Posted : 04/22/2009 5:34 pm

in my experience, mederma does nothing for indents and real red marks but helps everything else....i tried putting mederma gel on red marks/bumps and it either did nothing or made the area more red...but if the redness is gone then it can do wonders for raised skin and dark marks

i use to have bad red marks and some of them were bumps and they eventually went away but some took over a year but they did go away

thanks ! i really appreiciate your thoughts on this

MemberMember
(@longman)

Posted : 04/30/2009 9:05 pm

scars+sucks does that work for dark spots? really did u try that coz i got plenty of dark spots looks like goddamn crap

MemberMember
(@negative-creep)

Posted : 04/30/2009 10:52 pm

scars+sucks does that work for dark spots? really did u try that coz i got plenty of dark spots looks like goddamn crap

oh yeah it does wonders for old dark marks left from acne

MemberMember
(@member)

Posted : 05/01/2009 1:29 am

It works for raised scars. most of acne scars are indented. I used it for over a year with no results.

MemberMember
(@negative-creep)

Posted : 05/01/2009 2:14 am

ya mederma does nothing for indents

MemberMember
(@chiachi)

Posted : 11/23/2015 6:46 pm

On April 22, 2009 at 609 AM, hopeless1 said:

if you have any input and personal experiences using Mederma gel for scarring, or something else PLEASE HELP!

I want to try it because i realized that i do have several breakouts but there's really more very red post breakout marks that are making it look much worse that it is, they look slightly raised and they are not indented scars,

The most important thing is if i use it for fading, will it cause me to have more breakouts? Because then i definently don't want to try it

i just want good skin =(...

hey, mederma hasn't worked as good as polysporin ointment for me, i dont EVER put it all over my face but when i pop a pimple and i know its gunna scab over i immediately put a lil dab of poly for the next 3 days and i goes away completely, your left with a little flake of skin that comes off and nothing underneath, really helpful.

MemberMember
(@purplestove)

Posted : 11/23/2015 10:34 pm

I tried using it for my acne marks while still gettng active breakouts; it just made me break out more.