Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
meisme

baking soda and regimen?

i started to get clear but after the 2nd month or 3rd month, i broke out again. some of it are small ones and like i have a lot of scars right now. my mom said i should try baking soda because she read something about it on a magazine. is it okay that after i use the baking soda, i'll put BP? will my face look worse? i really want to get clear by june. idk why BP just stop working!

i started to get clear but after the 2nd month or 3rd month, i broke out again. some of it are small ones and like i have a lot of scars right now. my mom said i should try baking soda because she read something about it on a magazine. is it okay that after i use the baking soda, i'll put BP? will my face look worse? i really want to get clear by june. idk why BP just stop working!

I miz my baking soda with my Cetaphil cleanser and wash my face with that - it has a nice exfoliating effect. Then wash the baking soda off, let your skin dry, and then tone it with a diluted apple cider vinegar (ACV) mixture: I use 1:3 (ACV:water), but you may want to dilute more if you've never used ACV before. Then I let that dry on my face about 10 minutes, wash off, and then apply BP once my skin has dried for a few minutes. I always follow with Cetaphil moisturizer afterwards as well.

Hope that helps!

Anna

From the FAQs:

Q: Can I use the Regimen in conjunction with additional products or over-the-counter medications?

A: Do not do this until you are completely clear and have been that way for some time. Once you are completely clear, it is okay to add in one variable at a time. However, if you begin the Regimen and are adding in other variables from the get go, you will have no way of judging whether the Regimen works for you. See the biggest mistakes page for more.

I miz my baking soda with my Cetaphil cleanser and wash my face with that - it has a nice exfoliating effect. Then wash the baking soda off, let your skin dry, and then tone it with a diluted apple cider vinegar (ACV) mixture: I use 1:3 (ACV:water), but you may want to dilute more if you've never used ACV before. Then I let that dry on my face about 10 minutes, wash off, and then apply BP once my skin has dried for a few minutes. I always follow with Cetaphil moisturizer afterwards as well.

Hope that helps!

Anna

your recipe looks like too much irritation... :doh:

Hope that helps!

Anna

So far it has worked well for me, and I only do this at night - my skin is extremely oily, so maybe that's the reason I don't get any irritation from it. In the morning I only wash with Cetaphil cleanser, no baking soda, ACV or BP - since I found that twice a day BP does indeed irritate my skin. :D

Everyone's skin reacts different I guess. I do feel that at least using the ACV after baking soda helps restore the skin's pH.

From the FAQs:

Q: Can I use the Regimen in conjunction with additional products or over-the-counter medications?

A: Do not do this until you are completely clear and have been that way for some time. Once you are completely clear, it is okay to add in one variable at a time. However, if you begin the Regimen and are adding in other variables from the get go, you will have no way of judging whether the Regimen works for you. See the biggest mistakes page for more.

From the Biggest Mistakes page:

Adding in other products or steps: it is important that you wait until you are completely clear before adding in other products or steps to the Regimen. After you are completely clear, it is safe to add in 1 variable at a time and see how your skin will react. If you add in other products or steps before you are completely clear, there is an extra variable that is uncontrolled. If you should not clear up, you will not know if it is because of the extra variable or because of something else.

And read about the importance of proper pH products for your skin: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/pH-import...-p-t144725.html Baking soda is alkaline. Your skin is acidic and is supposed to be.

but BP is like not working anymore. i just wanna try it coz maybe it'll make my face better.

Hope that helps!

Anna

So far it has worked well for me, and I only do this at night - my skin is extremely oily, so maybe that's the reason I don't get any irritation from it. In the morning I only wash with Cetaphil cleanser, no baking soda, ACV or BP - since I found that twice a day BP does indeed irritate my skin. :D

Everyone's skin reacts different I guess. I do feel that at least using the ACV after baking soda helps restore the skin's pH.

that's what i do too, i mean just using BP at night,. how long do you put baking soda on your face? i don't really know how to use it. i just know i have to mix it with water.

that's what i do too, i mean just using BP at night,. how long do you put baking soda on your face? i don't really know how to use it. i just know i have to mix it with water.

I don't really keep the baking soda on my face for any length of time, I just mix about a half teaspoon in my palm with a pump of my cleanser and a little bit of water, then rub over my face just like I would if I was using the cleanser by itself, avoiding my eyes of course. About 30 seconds to a minute of washing is what I have found that I do. You'll feel that the baking soda is slightly gritty - sometimes I gently rub it in a circular motion to exfoliate my face when washing, and then I rinse it all off. Pat dry and the face feels so amazingly smooth!

Hope that helps!

Anna

i started using baking soda today but i don't think i did it right coz it didn't look like a paste, i think i put too much water. i didn't mix it with my cleanser, w/c is also cetaphil, and i didn't use ACV so that if i break out, i know that it's because of the baking soda. btw. is it normal to feel like your face is tight? coz the side of my nose and the bottom of my chin feel tight.

i started using baking soda today but i don't think i did it right coz it didn't look like a paste, i think i put too much water. i didn't mix it with my cleanser, w/c is also cetaphil, and i didn't use ACV so that if i break out, i know that it's because of the baking soda. btw. is it normal to feel like your face is tight? coz the side of my nose and the bottom of my chin feel tight.

Mine doesn't really look like a paste either. My face does feel a bit tight after I do it too, and I think that might be related to the baking soda removing a lot of oil from your face, but once I put the moisturizer on, the tightness goes away.