Notifications
Clear all

Closed comedone extraction

MemberMember
(@cira)

Posted : 04/21/2009 4:32 pm

I wen to get a facial yesterday to have numerous closed comedone's extracted on my forehead. After i was extremely swollen and red. Today i just have SO MANY little red marks all over my forehead and chin (where she worked). I am just wondering if anyone knows about how long these red marks and scabs will last. Or if there is anything i can use to help them fade faster.

THANKS

MemberMember
(@wynne)

Posted : 04/21/2009 4:43 pm

Ice your whole face a few times a day: glide an ice cube gently over the surface of your face, not holding the cube in one spot for too long.

If you have any petrolatum jelly or a gentle, non-comedogenic moisturizer, apply a small amount of that at bedtime to where the red marks are. It's soothing and gentle and will help prevent moisture loss.

Wear sunscreen when going out to keep from tanning those red marks, they'll last longer if you tan them.

MemberMember
(@mans)

Posted : 04/21/2009 10:58 pm

Just dont do anything. That's natural. She extracted stuff from your skin, so she probably did some pricking. thats just your skin healing! Don't be paranoid. I've had these things done bfore numerous times and they will go in a few days. The scabs would just fall off by themselves.

I say this because if you go overboard doing something about it or so at least thats how one may think, you can actually make things worse by creating new comedones etc.

Just let your body heal for the meantime it'll be better in few days. Just live with em, won't take long

Jwaduveev liked
MemberMember
(@willow569)

Posted : 04/22/2009 7:23 am

I have had lots of extractions done too - I agree with the advice of both of the above posters. Hands off, don't pick, wear your sunscreen, and ice will definitely help calm things down. And don't worry - the marks will fade!

MemberMember
(@cira)

Posted : 04/22/2009 5:25 pm

Thank you all so much!

They already look so much better!!

Ice really works...

I am ready for them to be gone all the same!

:)

MemberMember
(@willow569)

Posted : 04/23/2009 8:56 am

Thank you all so much!

They already look so much better!!

Ice really works...

I am ready for them to be gone all the same!

:)

Doesn't it feel great to get all the gunk out of your skin though! Its such a quick fix and now you know none of those comedones will get inflamed. Man, I love extractions...

MemberMember
(@just-call-me-ocd)

Posted : 09/23/2015 6:52 pm

I don't know if anyone still follows this topic, but it's worth a shot. I got a slightly inflamed milium extracted today in my smile line, and I'm left with a bright red, dime-sized, raised area that has a green-brown indented scab in the center. I'm really worried about the healing process. I use Retin-A 0.025%, and the dermatologist knew this before she did the procedure. She lanced and squeezed and kept digging, unfortunately. I also have ridiculously fair and sensitive skin, so the redness is major. I scar terribly. The derm said the spot should be gone within a week, I should use Vaseline on it, I could cover it with gentle makeup, etc. But I don't buy any of that since it's 12 hours since the extraction and it looks like I took a pair of pliers to my face. She doesn't understand how sensitive my skin is. I already have enough red marks to cover, and now I have a disgusting scab that probably won't heal. I have it covered with Bactroban and hydrocortisone, and I'm taking 200 milligrams Minocycline.

Please help. Instill hope. Tell me this is normal and will fade and fall off within a day or two. I feel hopeless.