Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
racrac

Is Duac good enough???

I'm having a moderate breakout on my face and my back. Been using Duac for almost a week (doctor's prescription) and i only see SLIGHT improvement so far. It seems to work much better on my face. Like the relatively light ones dried out after a day or two, but my back acne are still as horrible as before. Is Duac good enough for clearing moderate breakouts without coupling with any antibiotics??? Or do I just have to wait and see??? I'm pretty desperate to get my face cleared. Please advice!

If you think there has been slight improvement on your face already,then just wait and see. They say 12weeks,but i understand the impatience is too much!

I would imagine the next step is an antibiotic along with the duac,which should work pretty well. And will be more successful in treating the moderate acne,esp on your back. I love duac,when i started using it i was using an antibiotic,another topical and the pill,and eventually my acne is under control,and ive long ago stopped the antibiotic. If things dont change,give some antibiotics a go,i found they did little for me but then again my acne was quite bad and wisedpread.

Good luck and be patient lol,it takes time,lots of time :cry:

Thx for your note...=)

I waited like you said and I love Duac too! No skin-peeling and it works really well on me so far. My back acne has improved ALOT and my face acne was cleared after like 3 weeks.

BUT I have started reducing the application amount and coverage since last week, but a few fresh ones are popping out again these few days. Are you using Duac on a long term basis???

If you think there has been slight improvement on your face already,then just wait and see. They say 12weeks,but i understand the impatience is too much!

I would imagine the next step is an antibiotic along with the duac,which should work pretty well. And will be more successful in treating the moderate acne,esp on your back. I love duac,when i started using it i was using an antibiotic,another topical and the pill,and eventually my acne is under control,and ive long ago stopped the antibiotic. If things dont change,give some antibiotics a go,i found they did little for me but then again my acne was quite bad and wisedpread.

Good luck and be patient lol,it takes time,lots of time :cry:

yes. I have been using duac since october 2006 as far as i can remember. along with another topical at night time. so i dont find continual use a problem at all.