Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pickles.

Biggest peeve about having acne?

I think for me it's the people who come upto me in town when my skins bad and tell me to go and eat some fruit and have a glass of water, asif it's magically going to make everything better.

What annoys you the most?

going months and months of dedication to be healthy, hygienic, and optimistic yet yielding no acne improvement. at least it's good incentive to be good to myself.

All of these! Especially unsolicited "advice" from others about skincare, always living in fear of a new breakout, waking up at my boyfriend's house with no make-up, and the cost of skincare, medicine and make-up!

i absolutely HATE it when people walk up to you and they're like, "what happened to your face", or "is that a pimple?", or they comment on how you should put something on it so it doesn't scar. it's sooooo rude. i mean, i feel self conscious enough as it is.

I can't stand the "advice" people give me concerning my skin.... One of my friends *swore* that if I'd just go get a facial, it would cure my cycstic acne. Are you kidding me?!?!?! I've been dealing with acne for over half my life. Don't you think if there were some kind of magical facial that would cure my acne, I would have already tried it? Seriously, people... I think if you have good skin, you should just shut up because clearly you have no clue.

I hate it when I try to cover the zits and they look as bad as or worse than before. Or someone brushes against my face while hugging me and it wipes the cover off -- fill in the blank-- my chin, my cheek.... etc.

Fail.

when relatives pinch my cheeks or grab my face, thinking of reasons to tell people why i'm only eating certain things and avoiding others w/o revealing that it's to try help my acne situation, people telling me about "awesome acne relieving" cleansers and toners without relevance to conversation, taking extra time in the morning to take care of my high maintenance skin and covering the marks best i can, running into someone i haven't seen in a long time and get asked what happened to my face, wondering if my skin is getting oily or inflamed during the day, deciding to just stay in cause my skin is acting up and trying to convince myself it's cause i'd much rather just hang out and play guitar by myself.....

i'm really enjoying this thread. it's great to just let it all out with people that know how it is. please keep em comin ;)

I don't like it when other people touch my face. I know they're doing out of affection, but my skin's not so great that everyone can start touching it.

In the last few months, my cystic acne has died down (crossed fingers) so I've taken to wearing make up for some lingering hyperpigmentation and uneven skin tone. Whenever I apply powder, it accentuates dry skin that would have otherwise gone unnoticed.

Acne! Why won't you let me be?

My biggest pet peeve is having to hide from little kids at work for fear they might say something about my face. My face isnt as bad as it used to be, but I've heard so many remarks in the past, I'm still terrified of those little loud mouth kids, esp. the boys...eek..

*And I work at Target, so of course I get to wear a lovely shade of bright red 5 days a week!

The fact that my friends just use basic products, or skip washing their face, sleep in makeup, can eat or drink whatever they want and have flawless skin with little or no blemishes.

Also, people that dont understand it and think its just a hygiene issue. Some dude came up to me and was like "why dont you get that sh*t sorted? Buy some clean and clear or something. Doesnt it affect your self esteem?" He said sorry after i explained everything, but it pisses me off because basically everyone except for people who has been through it (or have a good friend whos been though it) think its something that can be cured over night.

And when people look at the cluster of zits instead of looking you in the eye, that pisses me off too. I often bite my nails so my hand partially covers up my face.

Also i dont want to do anything or go anywhere.

I wish i could just hibernate. :(

The fact that my friends just use basic products, or skip washing their face, sleep in makeup, can eat or drink whatever they want and have flawless skin with little or no blemishes.

Also, people that dont understand it and think its just a hygiene issue. Some dude came up to me and was like "why dont you get that sh*t sorted? Buy some clean and clear or something. Doesnt it affect your self esteem?" He said sorry after i explained everything, but it pisses me off because basically everyone except for people who has been through it (or have a good friend whos been though it) think its something that can be cured over night.

And when people look at the cluster of zits instead of looking you in the eye, that pisses me off too. I often bite my nails so my hand partially covers up my face.

Also i dont want to do anything or go anywhere.

I wish i could just hibernate. :(

i'm always shocked to hear about ignorance on that level. i'm sorry he came at you like that. it shows how much of a bigger, mature person you are .. after being treated so rudely, being able to explain your situation and how you've been dealing with this disease. i really applaud you.

i would've had a hard time not telling him off. get that shit sorted? is he fuckin serious? >:( how about he get his shitty personality sorted .. get that shit figured out?

ok i feel a little better. lol.

Not having the courage to look myself in the mirror ,my fear of the sun,being ''THE GIRL WITH ACNE" in virtually every event or gathering I go to ,dreading being looked at by the opposite sex (especially if it were a guy I liked :( ),feeling inferior to the other pretty girls with clear skin,how applying foundation doesn't make your skin look flawless rather it simply makes you look like you applied foundation over your acne (if you know what I mean) , how sometimes you feel so pathetic when you wear a nice outfit and think to yourself my face looks like crap I'm not worthy of wearing nice clothes or doing my hair and if any guy shows interest in you start doubting yourself and think who would ever want to love me? :(

So so many things actually depressed me when my skin was bad.

Fear of mirrors and bright lights

Hiding in my room

But the biggest and most annoyin thing was never having any hope that it was all gonna change,feeling like uve been kicked in the stomach after each failed attempt. Really depressed me.

Now what bugs me is any time i have something important-ish coming up,i get a zit. A huge zit decided to appear right slap bang next to my nose on the 12th February,just in time for valentines. Nice. And i just know il get a colussus of a thing just in time for a big presentation i have to give in a few weeks. I KNOW it will happen! :evil:

Haha! I had a giant bump come up a day before Valentine's too! Really ruined the 'hotness' effect i wanted for that night... or in my head at least!

driving home from a days work, and just feeling the zit you suddenly found this morning, while knowing: it has become bigger, meaner, more painfull.

then racing home to the mirror, trying to treat it: looks like its working.

next morning: total failure, and the whole cycle begins again.

Like a few have already said, people questioning your hygiene and offering advice. Basically people who clearly have no problems in life and dont realize saying stuff like that hurts or they just dont care. Hopefully karma visits these people down the road.