Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
karly

Washing make up brushes!

Baby shampoo. Every one to two weeks. Rinse thoroughly. Shake vigourously. Dry thoroughly.

Thanks! since I have a 1 year old I have a good baby shampoo..I'll try that!

just remember to be extra careful when washing them. especially the ones that are really dense.. they suck up the water like a sponge and if it travels up towards the ferrule, you run the risk of damaging the ferrule/handle.

I wash mine about every third use with the cleanser I use for me. Then soak up as much of the water as I can (after 'flinging' them about like a baton to shake off excess water) with paper towels or a clean towel. I don't treat mine particularly gently because I don't buy the expensive kind! But...mine have lasted a good long time even with the roughish treatment I give them.

Guest missyjean130

I use my foam face wash on it and lay it flat to dry...I wash it more than 1 a week cuz i feel gross if i dont...i end up getting a new one more often.

cheap walgreens mineral brush

I use dish soap as seen on enkore's youtube channel for a deep clean. It removes the oil from ducks that get stuck in oil spills, AND the oil and dirt from my brushes! I've been doing this every 2 days for about a year and my brushes are still in MINT condition. Love this method. Make sure to dry your brushes level and not tilted upwards to prevent any moisture from getting into the handle and splitting the wood.

I wash them with MAC brush cleanser and my facial wash. It depends on what kind of brushes. For face brushes, I wash them twice a week, on wed and sunday. On wed, I just use the MAC brush cleanser for spot cleaning but on sunday, I will do a deep wash with both the brush cleanser and my facial wash. I don't use liquid foundation so all my face stuff are basically powders so there is no need to like wash the brushes because they become icky after using liquid foundation.

For eye brushes, because I don't use them everyday, I wash them once every 2 weeks.

I've been buffing foundation over concealer lately, which means concealer gets in my brush (along with some acne ooze sometimes, disgusting), so I play it safe and wash my brush after every use. I just use a small dollop of regular shampoo, then rinse out the shampoo residue with my face soap. I probably shouldn't wash it so often, considering it's a thirty-five dollar MAC brush, but the thought of putting a dirty brush on my face makes me squeamish. Like everyone said, make sure the water doesn't leak into your brush - the glue will come undone and the bristles will start falling out. Also make sure water doesn't get onto the metal part that connects to the brush handle, which is also glued on and can fall off.

Which MAC brush do you have? Ive been buidling my MAC brush collection

Guest missyjean130
I use shampoo and conditioner, just cause I don't want my brushes to dry out. It also makes them really really soft :)

be careful.some conditioners for your hair are pore clogging....

I've been buffing foundation over concealer lately, which means concealer gets in my brush (along with some acne ooze sometimes, disgusting), so I play it safe and wash my brush after every use. I just use a small dollop of regular shampoo, then rinse out the shampoo residue with my face soap. I probably shouldn't wash it so often, considering it's a thirty-five dollar MAC brush, but the thought of putting a dirty brush on my face makes me squeamish. Like everyone said, make sure the water doesn't leak into your brush - the glue will come undone and the bristles will start falling out. Also make sure water doesn't get onto the metal part that connects to the brush handle, which is also glued on and can fall off.

I use the MAC 187 stippling brush; I love it. I'm kind of afraid I'll ruin it by washing it so much, but it stopped shedding after the first few washes. Totally worth it, in my opinion.

What kind of brush are you looking for? The 188 is basically the same thing as the 187, just bigger... I went with the smaller one because it's less streaky. How do you apply foundation? I'd really recommend a stippling brush; I end up using a lot less concealer this way. This isn't the case when my acne is really bad (= tons of concealer), but it made a huge difference when it was mild.

I've also tried the 109, which is a contouring brush some people use for foundation application, but it's not as good as the 187. The 109 is supposed to be a fantastic contouring brush, but I don't use blush/eyeshadow so I wouldn't know... you should look into it if you're more makeup-savvy, I hear it's great.

I have all the brushes you mentioned. I also bought the 129 two days ago. I have too many make up brushes now. I have like twenty now

I use the MAC 187 stippling brush; I love it. I'm kind of afraid I'll ruin it by washing it so much, but it stopped shedding after the first few washes. Totally worth it, in my opinion.

What kind of brush are you looking for? The 188 is basically the same thing as the 187, just bigger... I went with the smaller one because it's less streaky. How do you apply foundation? I'd really recommend a stippling brush; I end up using a lot less concealer this way. This isn't the case when my acne is really bad (= tons of concealer), but it made a huge difference when it was mild.

I've also tried the 109, which is a contouring brush some people use for foundation application, but it's not as good as the 187. The 109 is supposed to be a fantastic contouring brush, but I don't use blush/eyeshadow so I wouldn't know... you should look into it if you're more makeup-savvy, I hear it's great.

I have all the brushes you mentioned. I also bought the 129 two days ago. I have too many make up brushes now. I have like twenty now

The 129 is awesome for powders and blushes. I like it a lot but it does shed quite a bit in the beginning.

Shampoo.

And not often enough because I never think of doing it whenever there is time for them to dry before I'll need them again. So I often spritz with my bottle of vinegar and water I use for cleaning.