Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AyeeK

Clean & Clear Deep Cleaning Astrig.

I just bought this 2 days ago, and been using it since. Every time i apply it to my face, it burns badly like when you take shots of warm hard liquor and it burns in your chest. The burning sensation only lasts for about 1 minute, im not so sure if its a bad thing considering im using Retin - A cream that thins my barrier for the burning to feel this bad. I was wondering if anyone else experiences this ?

Might be too much with the RetinA. Why did you add it to your regimen?

Generally speaking though, sometimes it stings if your face has not dried fully before you apply it.

I'd still reconsider using it if you are experiencing that much discomfort.

Generally speaking though, sometimes it stings if your face has not dried fully before you apply it.

I took the advice you previously gave me about how my sal. acid in my cleanser doesn't allow my face to absorb the treatment because how such short of a time it gets to stay on my face. So I bought that toner, and a cetaphil cleanser. I use the Olay Refreshing Toner, but it just burns in some areas and sometimes i can barely feel it. I think that the clean & clear, its the amount of alcohol that makes it feel like my face is burning, i truly dislike the smell, its the only product where i definitely hate the smell. It seriously smells like vodka. Do you have any other toners that have a 2% sal acid that is more gentle?

I took the advice you previously gave me about how my sal. acid in my cleanser doesn't allow my face to absorb the treatment because how such short of a time it gets to stay on my face. So I bought that toner, and a cetaphil cleanser. I use the Olay Refreshing Toner, but it just burns in some areas and sometimes i can barely feel it. I think that the clean & clear, its the amount of alcohol that makes it feel like my face is burning, i truly dislike the smell, its the only product where i definitely hate the smell. It seriously smells like vodka. Do you have any other toners that have a 2% sal acid that is more gentle?

Just to clear things up, your reply was kind of confusing to me hehe. I use the toner after the cleanser, that's when it burns. When I read your reply it seems that you thought I used the toner after my Retin - A or the burning comes from after when I apply the cream.

It might be too much being used in conjunction with the RetinA - using both.

I prefer the Equate brand (WalMart) of Deep Cleaning Astringent precisely because I think the smell of the C & C is too strong, too.

Also, there is an Equate brand of Deep Cleaning Astringent for Sensitive Skin that is a 0.5% SA. Maybe you should try this first and see if it makes any difference.

Paula's Choice 1% or 2% BHAs, liquid formulation .... very gentle and effective SA product. The liquid formulation can be used instead of a toner.

Be careful using SA with Retin A. Yes, they work well together to fight acne, but if your face starts getting red, sore or irritated, you need to stop using both products until things go back to normal.

My guess would be that the burning is coming from the alcohol content in the toner. That would cause it to feel like you skin was burning if you had any open/picked at acne or even just dry and cracked skin.

I was using the clean & Clear Astrig thing for almost a year! It's that pinky-sorta liquid, right? It burns my face too and dries out my skin if I use it to often and don't moisturize enough. I stopped using it when I started using retinol-a, which is known for drying out your skin and making it red (which it did for a few days) but now my skin is used to it. My dermitoligist said I should just use a gentle cleanser like Dove. But anyway, that stuff burned my skin too. I stopped using it since I didn't see any fantastic results.