Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
duracell

I'm a guy... need help...

So someone advised me to use foundation to cover some of my pimples...

but i'm a dude and I'd have no idea where to begin!

Help me.

Here are some questions

-Can girls tell if you're wearing foundation? (I fear that someone will call me out on it)

-Is it possible that it will make me get more pimples

-What's the cheapest i can get?

-What's the best i can get?

any other suggestions would b appreciated

thankss

Guest missyjean130

Personally I think you should stick to something really light,not heavy...just to tone down the redness some. Mineral makeup is pretty natural looking,and when you prime and oil blot you can help make it stay fresh all day long.

Girls can certainly tell you're wearing makeup better than guys can (imo) so I'd just stick to light coverage...

if you don't something with heavy coverage, get yourself a tinted moisturizer or loose powder (minerals are great for natural coverage.) A tinted moisturizer won't provide much coverage but it will even out the skin and diminish some redness..

you can find tinted moisturizers at most major drugstores. I think neutrogena makes one, and covergirl has one that's quite popular (covergirl smoothers?) If you want additional coverage, try using a concealer (useful if you want to hide red spots or discolorations). in order to make it look natural, use one that perfectly matches your skin and make sure you blend well.

DEFINATELY stay away from foundation (the liquid make up that goes all over your face) because it WILL be noticable. However, you can use a concealer, such as the one by physicians formula http://www.physiciansformula.com/en-us/pro...lers/02723.html, which you can get at any drugstore. You can use that to cover up the spots and then you can brush on some mineral make up over your entire face AND neck so that it won't look obvious that you have make up on your face. I prefer JOPPA minerals over any other brand, because they are great for oily skin and large pores. You can check it out for yourself..here's the link http://www.joppaminerals.com/foundation.html.

This is what you should do to cover your spots.

1.Wash your face and apply a moisturizer

2. CONCEAL! Squeeze some of the concealer out onto ur palm and u can use either ur finger or a concealer brush to dab on the concealer onto the actual spots. If you are using your finger, just get some product on it and GENTLY dab it all over the spot until it blends in with ur actual skin tone.

3. Apply the mineral makeup over it. You will need a KABUKI brush http://i.ivillage.com/BS/beauty/KabukiBrush325.jpg, which you can also purchase at any drugstore such as CVS, Walgreens, etc. Dip the brush into the mineral makeup and tap off the excess then apply it all over your face AND some over the neck. If the makeup seems too obvious on some areas, you can use toilet paper to gently wipe it off and to make it look more subtle.

If all of that seems a little too much, you can just use the concealer but whatever you do, do NOT use liquid foundation all over your face.

BTW, Joppa minerals actually helped a lot with my skin, especially with the oiliness. Mineral Makeup is suppossed to be good for your skin. The most important thing is that you get a good color match and that you don't apply too much. I would maybe recommend getting mineral makeup from a drugstore so that you can actually see the color and return it if you aren't satisfied. Since you are a dude, you probably will have to experiment a little more until you find a good color match so that way you are not throwing ur money away if you can return it.

You can also email the ppl at Joppa and send them a pic of urself and they will help you with the color...just a thought!

wow thanks so much ladies that's a lot of info.!

and the one guy that helped you :-

let us know if you have any more questions!

wow thanks so much ladies that's a lot of info.!

and the one guy that helped you :-

let us know if you have any more questions!

Thanks, guy! You do have nice advice all around the boards.

To the original poster:

If you do decide to go the Mineral makeup route, I like Everyday Minerals myself. I use their flat top brush to apply it. If you swirl and buff enough on your skin it looks exceedingly natural. You can also go to YouTube to watch mineral makeup application videos. Bare Minerals has some good ones. Just type something like "How to apply mineral makeup" and you'll start finding inspiration and tips. :)

I don't like Bare Minerals. I use Everyday Minerals. Their intensive formula seems quite good for oily skin and excellent coverage without looking at all heavy. But it takes some time to master the application. Practice and you'll be fine. :)

And believe me, you are not the only guy (not by a LONG shot) who asks on these boards or via PM about how to cover red marks or make the complexion look more even. I have now lost count of the number of guys who have PMd about red marks. I am sure that other frequent posters in the Cosmetics and Style forum will also have multiple persons who have PMd them for advice.

Help me.

Here are some questions

-Can girls tell if you're wearing foundation? (I fear that someone will call me out on it)

thankss

i just want to let you know that cvs is supposed to let you bring back any makeup item if you return it with a receipt. even if it's used. the policy lasts 30 days.

just to answer your first question .. most girls know when someone is wearing liquid foundation or eye makeup ... even if they don't wear makeup themselves. we just know. lol. it's that female intuition.

& when you're putting on a base on your face, make sure to also put some on your neck, too, to even it all out. with whatever you choose, i highly suggest using a little at a time. and also sometimes face makeup changes into a darker color during the day, so .. check it during the day if you can. one last thing. lol .. the most honest light is how your makeup looks outside.

sorry for all of the info. makeup really isn't as simple as it seems. good luck : )

Useful information u can get regarding ur question is at byeacne dot co dot cc

here you can also find tips and treatment to cure

I just wanted to add that, I'm a guy, and I also use foundation - though I must say, not always by choice! I'm a part-time model, and for photo shoots, any minor imperfections are deemed the source of all evil and must be hidden!

So, what I find works very well for me before a photo shoot is MAC's Studio Fix Powder foundation. I'm a very light shade, N3, and it gives me a flawless, even complexion with absolutely no hint that I'm wearing anything at all. Also, it does not break me out, has never caused my complexion to worsen whatsoever, and is easy for me to apply - bare in mind I know absolutely nothing about how to apply make up, this was kind of essential!

It also means my girlfriend is happy; since I only use it for photoshoots, she can use it the rest of the time!

Help me.

Here are some questions

thankss

If I had the chance to go back in time I would have never started wearing any foundation to begin with! Now i'm stuck in this vicious cycle of wearing foundation and not allowing my skin to breathe.

Stay away from foundation, once you start using it it's very difficult to quit. It gives you a false sense of confidence because when you take it off your skin is still damaged. I wish I could stop wearing it, but i'm not brave enough to do it yet.

Guys ask this all the time. And I always suggest mineral powder makeup because it will feel the most comfortable, if applied well, is the most invisible, and the zinc is good for your skin, so if anyone notices and says something, say it's zinc powder for your skin and a sunblock.

I, like many of us here, use Everyday Minerals which is ordered online.

You seem to be getting plenty of advice about make-up so I'll answer your other question. I don't think girls generally can. One guy I know wore quite heavy foundation and I didn't twig until he put it on in front of me!