Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm a 21 year old female and have had acne since i was 11. It's been alot worse than it is now, but it's still bad. My acne is not really inflamed now, but i have lots of blackheads and marks left my past acne. When i wear make-up my face doesn't look so bad, but i just hate having to wear make-up. I want to beable to wake up and have beautiful skin.

When i was a teenager i was really obsessed about my skin, then for many years i really didn't care about it, i mean i knew it was there, but it didnt really effect me, bearly anyone through out my life has bullyed me about it (of course some exceptions in high school) But for the last few months i have for some reason cared so much again about my acne.

I think maybe one of the reasons wass because i got glasses recently, and of course my eye sight improved and therefore made me see my skin clearer and i started to think it's so horrible :(

I don't think i am a shallow person, i don't mind if a guy has acne atall, it doesn't bother me, i don't really see it. i have dated guys with acne and have had crushes on guys with acne. But i keep thinking no one could ever be attracted to me, because of my acne.

sure i have had boyfriends, but i still just feel paranoid they secretly think i look ugly.

My current boyfriend has really clear skin, and it makes me think why is he with me? I keep thinking he will leave me for a pretty girl.

I hate thinking this why, i just want to be happy.

i just i'm just venting, anyone relate?

I'm a 21 year old female and have had acne since i was 11. It's been alot worse than it is now, but it's still bad. My acne is not really inflamed now, but i have lots of blackheads and marks left my past acne. When i wear make-up my face doesn't look so bad, but i just hate having to wear make-up. I want to beable to wake up and have beautiful skin.

When i was a teenager i was really obsessed about my skin, then for many years i really didn't care about it, i mean i knew it was there, but it didnt really effect me, bearly anyone through out my life has bullyed me about it (of course some exceptions in high school) But for the last few months i have for some reason cared so much again about my acne.

I think maybe one of the reasons wass because i got glasses recently, and of course my eye sight improved and therefore made me see my skin clearer and i started to think it's so horrible :(

I don't think i am a shallow person, i don't mind if a guy has acne atall, it doesn't bother me, i don't really see it. i have dated guys with acne and have had crushes on guys with acne. But i keep thinking no one could ever be attracted to me, because of my acne.

sure i have had boyfriends, but i still just feel paranoid they secretly think i look ugly.

My current boyfriend has really clear skin, and it makes me think why is he with me? I keep thinking he will leave me for a pretty girl.

I hate thinking this why, i just want to be happy.

i just i'm just venting, anyone relate?

If you have a boyfriend, then there is no reason to worry! Since you say you are past high school, most relationships at that age are actually mature; people care about personality more than looks!

If you really are feeling self-conscious about this, then you can just ask your boyfriend what he thinks. If he is smooth, like me, :lol: then he will be able to cheer you up greatly!!

But you always could go to the dermatologist and get some new medicine to treat it!! :)

I hope all goes well. Be sure to keep us updated!

I seriously understand how you feel. I'm 20 and have had acne in one form or another for years. I takes a lot of work to get to a point where you can be comfortable with yourself, regardless of how many pimples you have on your face. I know it took me a good 5-6 years of having acne (which went through periods of mild to moderate) to be able to genuinely look in the mirror and be okay with what I saw.

I know you may not feel beautiful, but if your boyfriend is with you, he cares about you. He sees the entire package, your looks, your personality....and simply you. It's easy to feel paranoid when you snag a genuinely amazing guy, because you don't want him to somehow 'find somebody better', but I hope you one day realize that to him, there is nobody better. =)