Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is it generally better to use AHA after BP or just AHA alone? If its together with BP, how long after I apply the BP should I wait before applying the AHA?

yes, I've read it but I'm more keen on getting other people's opinions. Also, I'm curious of AHA alone and BP + AHA effects.

For my skin, trying to use AHA+ and BP together on my face was a horrible decision and completely screwed up the good results I was getting just using the three main products. My face got red, something I didn't have a problem with previously and the dryness and flakiness came back with a vengeance oddly enough. Not to mention I broke out with lots of whiteheads. Maybe I used it too much and didn't give it enough time, but either way, I'd only recommend using it 2-3 nights per week at most. With BP or without, I don't think it matters. If it were me, I'd go without applying the BP for the nights I use AHA+ simply because that combo is too strong for my face. You just have to experiment a bit and find a nice balance that fits your skin's needs.

ok, if i'm using both, I only apply the AHA about 30 mins after the bp because I'm afraid it will interfere with BP effectiveness. Is this ok?

and I rarely use both together in the day and only very seldom at nights, and even so, its mostly spot treatment