Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
le désir

[Le Dsir Personal Regimen]

So, during this winter I've had quite a bad breakout which was at its peak about 2 months ago. I'm currently 18 years old going for 19 this year, and have had pretty good skin before this breakout. So the winter pretty much included me staying in because of my acne and looking around for different treatments, until I very recently found this website about using the regimen and by the looks of it I decided to give it a go.

I'm using a 5% BP from the pharmacy, and a mousturizer from the pharmacy also which states it's good for acne skin and it's 0% fat also. I'm using some random aloe vera cleanser, that I might continue with since it seems to be working quite well.

I've only been on the regimen 5 days but still have been getting some good results, my skin is of course very dry sometimes (mostly around the mouth) but I've been using the mousturizer when it gets too flaky. My skin has gotten a little bit of a "glow", I don't know if this is caused by a little redness or something but it looks a lot better. Looking at the what to expect page I can probably expect to have some breakouts next week or maybe even longer, I'll see how it goes.

So, this is my current status. 5 days after starting the regimen, I will later bring in some more close-up pictures and of course more updates as the weeks go by.

CIMG1057bmp.bmp

Remaining positive!

(I didn't figure out how to get the image showing on this page)

CIMG1057bmp.bmp

Almost 7 days in and the skin around my mouth is just about as dry as it can get, there is cracks and skin flakes everywhere. Is this something that will disappear when the skin gets more adapted? Because this doesn't go away no matter how much I mousturize, I can put some moisturizer on every hour and when I stretch my skin there it starts to flake immediately.

Can this have to do with the 0% fat mousturizer? Should I maybe get one with fat instead?

I'm wondering if using the higher percentage BP might be starting you out too fast? The reason Dan's is a 2.5% is because it's just as effective as 5% and 10% without being drying. If you have to keep using the 5%, try cutting back on the amount, if you're using more than just a small little bit.

Starting the regimen is hard, trying to get everything situated. I would suggest maybe cutting down to one application of BP a day and getting one of the recommended cleansers, to make sure that it's not drying. The three most popular that I hear about are Dan's cleanser, Cetaphil, and the Purpose bar. You can get both Cetaphil and Purpose at Wal-mart.

I know absolutely nothing about a 0% fat moisturizer, but I don't know why that would matter. But if you're moisturizing every hour, something is way wrong, with one or more of your products, or your application.

Hope some of this helps!

Thanks for the tip halon2.

Though I've now come to a conclusion. Treating my skin with 5% BP left my skin so dry that it's hard to describe it, I even tried to put a load of hemp cream moisturizer on it (and this is really heavy stuff) and even then my skin around the mouth area wouldn't get well enough moisture. And I haven't found any place to get a hold of a 2.5% BP here in Sweden and the shipping costs from USA is not something I'm going to spend my money on.

Maybe I will try to treat it later if it hasn't gone away by then, but for now I'm just going to accept that life isn't always fair. I probably take care of my body way over the average, I am running about a total of 30-40 kilometres a week, I train my muscles with exercises that often rely on my own body weight and although sometimes I can enjoy myself a treat in a little candy etc. it's not something that happens regularly.

I'm just one of the unlucky ones that hasn't got that skin that takes care of itself at the moment, as some can eat whatever they want and not do any exercise at all and still have perfect skin. But I'm not going to let that bring me down right now, I have more enjoyable things to focus on right now and even if I don't have perfect skin I can still shine with a good personality. I'm sitting in the committe of a local fishing organization which I enjoy very much and we'll be working hard to get it growing and try to get more of the youth engaged in wildlife and fishing. I enjoy going out with friends and taking a few beers, and I also have army duty in a good unit about 1½ year from now and I am preparing and training hard to be in top shape for that. There is a lot more to enjoy so lets focus on the good stuff for the moment.

And when the acne decides to go away, why not top it off with a good looking body also? :)

I will probably stay on these forums, as it seems to be a place with friendly people. Well, that was my rant.

Those who mind don't matter, those who matter don't mind.