Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
amanda8lynn22

Marketing to MAke a Buck : Attention Purpose Face Wash Users

I've been a fan of Johnson & Johnson's Purpose line for quite some time, and one day I went browsing through the face wash isle at work and found something quite odd. I picked up a bottle of Clean & Clear sensitive skin face wash and as usual, I was looking at the ingredient list, and compared it to the list on the bottle of Purpose wash I was about to buy. The ingredients were exactly the same. The two products are both made by Johnson & Johnson. *In the exact same order, not one ingredient different. Hmm. I thought. I realized the C&C is like $2 less than the Purpose bottle and you get 2 oz. more. That's weeiird..

So now I buy the C&C and its just like Purpose.

*Just something to make you think about the power of marketing and how companies are trying hard to make a buck wherever they can..at our expense ...

Take it further and note the ingredients in drugstore makeup versus department store makeup. Almost no difference....except the price. :) Sometimes made by the SAME company!

I've been a fan of Johnson & Johnson's Purpose line for quite some time, and one day I went browsing through the face wash isle at work and found something quite odd. I picked up a bottle of Clean & Clear sensitive skin face wash and as usual, I was looking at the ingredient list, and compared it to the list on the bottle of Purpose wash I was about to buy. The ingredients were exactly the same. The two products are both made by Johnson & Johnson. *In the exact same order, not one ingredient different. Hmm. I thought. I realized the C&C is like $2 less than the Purpose bottle and you get 2 oz. more. That's weeiird..

*Just something to make you think about the power of marketing and how companies are trying hard to make a buck wherever they can..at our expense ...

Wow I never noticed that, I usually breeze past anything new now since I'm done with experimenting LOL.....eh for commercial products anyways. I may have to actually check this out..I usually would use the purpose soap though. :think:

I noticed this a while back as well. The store was out of the Purpose cleanser that I normally use. I needed to either buy something or not wash my face. So, I frantically decided I'd look through the ingredient lists of all the cleansers and buy the closest match. The Clean & Clear Sensitive won as it had the same exact ingredients in the same exact order. I've used both and can't say I notice a difference between the two other than smell. I prefer the smell of the Purpose. But, the Clean & Clear smell isn't bad.

whoa are you serious?

I'm so using the C&C now.. haha

but I do like the smell of the purpose- luv baby shampoo xD