Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest missyjean130

Epilators

Guest missyjean130

Kind of pricey..do they work well?

I had one once. It hurt to use, so I think I only used it once, and didn't even finish my leg. If I'm gonna rip the hairs out of my body, I'm gonna do it quickly and all at once by waxing. No way will I ever use an epilator again.

Guest missyjean130
I had one once. It hurt to use, so I think I only used it once, and didn't even finish my leg. If I'm gonna rip the hairs out of my body, I'm gonna do it quickly and all at once by waxing. No way will I ever use an epilator again.

Was it effective though?

Do they last a long time?

I heard it hurts like a bitch the first time you do it but it stops hurting after multiple uses =P

Was it effective though?

Do they last a long time?

I heard it hurts like a bitch the first time you do it but it stops hurting after multiple uses =P

The one I got wasn't that great. I had to keep going over the same spots again and again, and it still didn't get all the hairs. Eventually, my leg was so red and sore and irritated that I just gave up.

Check out cosmetics and style. I use the Braun Silk Epil Xelle. Works very nicely. If you do not normally wax, it will hurt like mad. I have waxed for years so it merely tickled as it ripped out the hairs one by one.

If you'll be using it for the first time, make sure the room is cool and maybe even put cool compresses on your skin before and after ripping those furs out.

Guest missyjean130
Check out cosmetics and style. I use the Braun Silk Epil Xelle. Works very nicely. If you do not normally wax, it will hurt like mad. I have waxed for years so it merely tickled as it ripped out the hairs one by one.

If you'll be using it for the first time, make sure the room is cool and maybe even put cool compresses on your skin before and after ripping those furs out.

Ooooh! I saw that one at bath and body works actually...first time i ever saw an epilator.

In the long run do you think it saves some money in comparison to me buying daisy razors? Can I use it on my pubic region? last time i tweezed those hairs the follicles bled. Does the product last a while?

Bikini line: ice first, during, after. ;) I don't think it will save money; it just saves time. You don't have to epilate as often as you shave.

Guest missyjean130

and try not to get your labia minora caught in that bizz.

I'm SO getting one.

You do become desensitized, particularly on the legs. It ends up feeling almost like a tingling massage on the legs once you're used to it. :)

does anyone know if you can use an epilator while on accutane??

i need it for my face and just got my epilator a few weeks ago, and at first it really hurt and would make my skin red, but now i hardly feel it...

i asked my dermatologist and she said she would not recommend it...

but it works so well for me and i dont want to give it up lol...

soo if anyone has any experience with this while on accutane please let me know