Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So i have come to the conclusion , that my skin doesn't like benzoyl peroxide. im pretty sure im not allergic to it. but i remember my acne has been getting worse ever since i used it.

i used to have occasional pimples . and on the side of my lip i went crazy over it. used benzoyl peroxide to try and heal it.

and now my acne is on my jawline and doesn't seem to be healing.

and also. the little pimple by my lip was on my right side. it soon spread into my jawline and looked horrible. but my left side was just fine. clear.

and one time i was putting benzoyl peroxide for my right side, i decided to put it on my left side thinking "well. might as well put some here to try and prevent it" and now my acne on my left is close behind my right side.

my acne is now pretty severe. its not anywhere i don't put benzoyl peroxide....

Ok stop using bp. Its too harsh for you skin b/c its sooo drying. What your skin is doing is over producing oil, which then clogs ur pores b/c your face dries up when you use bp. Get cetiphil gentle cleanser and Cetiphil moisturizer (for normal skin).

I know this sounds crzy and I know you want to fight these breakouts, but you can't or it'll only get worse.

Trust me, you do NOT want to fight breakouts with hash substances, you want to heal breakouts! So use gentle sustances. Wash every morning and night and use the moisturizer every morning and every night.

You'll see a difference I promise.

Yuminator, for such situations stop using BP as your face is already red from all the pimples, using BP will make your face twice as red. I recommending using BP only when you have small amount of pimples.

You should go see a doctor. He will prescribe to you antibiotics (eg doxycycline / minocycline) which cures your pimples from the inside and probably topical creams like Differin which is really good from my own experience.

isn't benzoyl peroxide a antiflimatory or whatever thingy ahha.

i used acnefree long time ago, and it didn't have any negative effects on my skin. it didn't have any positive either. it just didn't do anything.

Get cetiphil gentle cleanser

I agree, get Cetaphil gentle skin cleanser. It worked real well for me. You can get it at Target, Vons, Wal-Mart, etc.