Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Oh boy..think I messed up this time...

About a month ago a noticed a cyst coming on the right side of my face and like a dumb ass I messed with it to make it go away faster...lol

What I thought was weird is that it was rather flat then being round and it felt almost hollow in the center of it. Last night I noticed it looked like it had filled back up and yeah...messed with it again.

I just wanted the damn thing to drain and heal. The center came open and it didn't even hurt..at first i didn't even think I had got it till I felt something running down my face. I turned back to the mirror to notice yellow pus was pouring down the side of my face and I started freaking out. Ive never seen that much pus before..disgusting. I called the nurse advice line and asked her what I should do and she told me it could be staph infection. That i should clean it and cover it till I see my doctor.

Ive had staph infection years ago and it made my acne really bad..I'm kinda freaked out atm

Has anyone else experienced a lot of pus like this? I'm pretty sure it's not the norm.

I really can't afford to go to the doctor since I had to quit my job and move back here for a bit.

Ok, apparently I'm retarded. lol

I had no idea normal cystic acne could possibly produce pus like that.

After reading a lot about it..I think I freaked out over nothing.

I have never had one like this..guess maybe what I thought was a cyst at times in the past was something else?

Hopefully I'm not the only person to freak out when this first happened to them. lol

Lots and lots of pus could indeed signify a staph infection. Cleanse with your cleanser and warmish water, apply a tad of antibiotic cream/ointment to a bandaid and then place the bandaid on the spot.

Keep treating it with gentle cleansing and applying the antibiotic ointment/cream (daily) and if it doesn't improve within a week, then you really should see a doctor, insurance or not. No more messing about with your skin at all!

Wash your hands frequently, too.